Princess Cruises Unveils 2017 Alaska Cruise and Land & Sea Vacation Program
Enhanced North to Alaska Experiences Bring Authentic Alaska Onboard; Optional Land & Sea Vacations Provide Immersive Exploration into the Heart of the Great Land
SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Next summer, six Princess Cruises' ships will sail Alaska's storied waters, offering multiple itinerary options, immersive onboard culinary and cultural experiences and a variety of Land & Sea Vacations for further exploring the 49th state's vast wilderness.
The line's signature Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary, with its unrivaled glacier-viewing opportunities, will be offered on Coral Princess, Star Princess and Island Princess between Whittier (Anchorage) and Vancouver, B.C.; while cruises through the Inside Passage, with its ever-changing scenery from picturesque shores to quaint coastal towns, will be offered aboard Ruby Princess and Emerald Princess from Seattle and Grand Princess from San Francisco.
While on board, guests will encounter a variety of ways to engage in authentic experiences through the award-winning North to Alaska program, featuring the newest Cook My Catch, an exclusive culinary program allowing guests to return from select Princess fishing excursions to have the chef prepare their very own catch of the day. Also offered in 2017, the crowd-favorite Puppies in the Piazza, where real Alaskan sled dog puppies are brought on board for guests to interact with. On land, guests will hear first-hand tales from mountain climbers who have conquered Denali as they tell the exhilarating stories of their journey in the new Hudson Theater at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge.
In addition, the cruise line's Land & Sea Vacations will offer flexible ways to delve deeper into the fascinating Alaska frontier. Land tours are combined with a seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers cruise and include the company's premier wilderness lodges, exclusive Direct-to-the-Wilderness domed rail service, plus visits to the top two attractions in Alaska – Glacier Bay National Park and Denali National Park.
All 2017 Alaska cruises and Land and Sea Vacations are open for booking.
"As the #1 cruise line in Alaska, Princess continues to offer guests the best of this beautiful state while on land and at sea," said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. "From wilderness and glaciers to fresh salmon and sled dog puppies, the newest North to Alaska experiences truly delivers on our commitment to ensuring our guests come back new."
Princess' 2017 Alaska program includes:
With 113 departures from Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver and Whittier featuring unique ports and destinations, options abound for exploring Alaska in 2017 aboard Princess ships, including:
- Voyage of the Glaciers – Princess' most popular Gulf of Alaska sailings between Vancouver and Whittier features two glacier-viewing experiences on every voyage, with visits to the UNESCO-listed Glacier Bay National Park plus either Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord.
- Inside Passage –This awe-inspiring part of Alaska, known for its lush scenery and pristine fjords, will be featured on seven- and 10-day roundtrip voyages with the option to visit Glacier Bay on select sailings from Seattle, Vancouver and San Francisco.
Alaska Land & Sea Vacations
Princess offers guests more than 20 Land and Sea Vacations in 2017, most featuring multiple nights at Princess-owned Wilderness Lodges to experience the grandeur of Denali. Guests will once again be able to purchase a pre-paid meal package for the land portion of their vacation in 2017. Options include:
- Denali Explorer – As Princess' most popular Land & Sea Vacation, these itineraries feature multiple nights at the line's Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge and/or Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. Most offer Princess' exclusive Direct-to-the-Wilderness rail service between the ship in Whittier and the Denali area all in one day, plus the opportunity to explore Fairbanks and/or Anchorage.
- On Your Own – An affordable option for independent-minded travelers, these itineraries offer a flexible way to see the heart of Alaska. Tours follow similar routes as Denali Explorer options, but do not include any pre-planned excursions, giving travelers the opportunity to customize their own experience.
- Off the Beaten Path – These itineraries are designed to take travelers beyond Denali to sought-after, remote regions of the state such as the Kenai Peninsula and Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve.
- Connoisseur – The line's highest level of service, these tours provide a truly immersive experience. With a professional tour director, most meals included and enhanced sightseeing, guests experience the best of the Great Land.
- Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail – This 14-night cruisetour originates in Calgary and includes daylight Silverleaf rail service on the Rocky Mountaineer. The fully escorted land tour combines with a seven-day northbound Voyage of the Glaciers cruise on Star Princess and includes most breakfasts and dinners. Spectacular overnight accommodations are offered at Fairmont Palliser Hotel, Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
More information about Princess Cruises 2017 Alaska program can be found here.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel consultant, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237) or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries 1.7 million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 114 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE:CCL; NYSE: CUK).
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-unveils-2017-alaska-cruise-and-land--sea-vacation-program-300241290.html
SOURCE Princess Cruises