LONDON, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The printed electronics market was valued at USD 3.13 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 12.10 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 22.38% between 2016 and 2022. Printed electronics is gaining a wide momentum owing to the many benefits it offers over conventional printing such as low fabrication cost, scalability, and simple fabrication. Increasing penetration of Internet of Things is necessitating the demand for printed electronics. Printed electronics along with their low cost provides added benefits of thin-form factor, flexibility, stretchability, portability, and rollability, among others.
Other significant factors driving the growth of the printed electronics market is the thin and flexible form factor and significant cost advantages provided by the printed electronics. Increased miniaturization, technological changes, and portability needs of electronic products in different sectors such as telecommunications, packaging, automotive, and medical are driving the demand for flexible electronic products in the market. The complex manufacturing process poses as a restraint in the market. Some of the challenges in the manufacturing include incompatibility between layers and materials, form factor requirement of products, and requirement of operational voltage and drive current among others.
"Inkjet is the fastest-growing printing technology in the printed electronics market during the forecast period"
The market for inkjet printing is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. Inkjet printing is expected to dominate the market in the future owing to its benefits such as non-contact printing, increased scalability, and potential to meet the rising market demand for customized flexible electronics solutions. Some of the major characteristics of inkjet printing are simplicity, reproducibility, non-contact, high resolution, speed, flexibility, low amount of waste generation, and low cost. Inkjet printing also facilitates small feature size with less weight and is suitable for manufacturing flexible devices such as photovoltaic devices, and sensors.
"Lighting devices expected to grow at the highest rate in the printed electronics market during the forecast period"
The printed electronics market for the lighting devices is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2016 and 2022. The market for printed OLED lighting is expanding as technology is improving and the growth is aided by its falling prices.
The breakup of primaries conducted during the study is depicted in below.
By Company Type: Tier 1 - 40%, Tier 2– 30%, and Tier 3– 30%
By Designation: C-level Executives - 35%, Directors – 45%, and Managers - 20%
By Region: North America- 30%, Europe- 40%, APAC- 20%, and RoW- 10%
The printed electronics ecosystem comprises major players such as ThinFilm Electronics ASA (Norway), GSI Technologies, LLC (U.S.), PARC, Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co. (U.S.), NovaCentrix (U.S.), Enfucell OY (Finland), Molex, Inc. (U.S.), E Ink Holdings Inc. (China), YD Ynvisible, S.A. (Portugal), and T-ink, Inc. (U.S.) among others.
This report includes the market statistics pertaining to form factor, data rate, distance, wavelength, application, and geography, along with their respective market size.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized, along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the printed electronics market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the printed electronics market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets on the basis material, component, technology, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the printed electronics market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and market share of the key players
Reasons to buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the printed electronics market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for all subsegments across different regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
3. This report is expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product launches & developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4268633/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/printed-electronics-market-by-material-ink-substrate-technology-inkjet-screen-gravure-flexographic-device-sensors-displays-batteries-rfid-lighting-photovoltaic-and-geography---global-forecast-to-2022-300356456.html