ARLINGTON, Va., March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg Law today announced that video recaps are now available online of its recent 2016 Outlook events, which featured privacy experts from corporations, law firms, academia, and the federal government focusing on key issues in the year ahead. The recaps of the events, which took place in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, are available at http://www.bna.com/2016-Privacy-Data-Outlook-SF-DC/.
The video library from the events features experts from both coasts offering valuable insights into the evolving privacy and data security landscape and weighing in on timely issues. The Washington, D.C. event covers top privacy trends for 2016 and tips on how to navigate the new compliance landscape and the significant data protection changes both in the U.S. and in Europe, while the San Francisco event focuses on the unique challenges of high tech organizations with regards to privacy and data security.
Topics discussed include:
- The FBI-Apple battle
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA)
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Protection from data breaches
- What companies need to know about information sharing
Event speakers include:
- Omar Cruz, Branch Chief, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC), US CERT
- Will DeVries, Privacy Counsel, Google
- Demetrios A. Eleftheriou, Director of Global Privacy, Symantec Corporation
- Jim Halpert, Partner, DLA Piper
- Chris Hoofnagle, Faculty Director, Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
- John Kropf, Corporate Privacy Executive, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- James H. Koening, Of Counsel, Litigation Department, Paul Hastings
- Giangiacomo Olivi, Partner, DLA Piper
- Carol A.F. Umhoefer, Partner, DLA Piper
- Donald Aplin, Managing Editor, Bloomberg Law: Privacy & Data Security
- Brian Kudowitz, Commercial Product Director, Bloomberg Law: Privacy & Data Security
About Bloomberg Law
Bloomberg Law is an all-in-one technology platform that helps law firms grow their top line revenue, provide world-class counsel by getting the right answer fast and efficiently, and maintain and increase their profitability. This is done through a combination of proprietary market data, trusted content and legal analysis, and innovative technology—together enabling and accelerating client growth, client excellence, and client profitability.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/privacy-and-data-security-experts-weigh-in-on-major-industry-trends-in-video-recap-of-recent-bloomberg-law-events-300241354.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA