"We agree with Chairman Wheeler's aggressive position to carriers as our data shows over 30 million unwanted calls are made to mobile phones in the U.S. every day," said Jonathan Sasse, CMO of First Orion. "This is only getting worse—quickly. The First Orion solution already blocks millions of unwanted calls a month and lets mobile carriers easily ensure their customers are protected from robocalls and scammers. We also offer a full suite of Call Management Services that many carriers utilize for their customers."
Other features of the First Orion solution already provided by many mobile carriers include:
- Caller ID/YD – Real-time pop-up display of incoming caller details regarding who is calling and why, because getting the name isn't always enough information to decide if you should answer a call
- Individual/Personal number blocking – Users can individually block numbers
- Enhanced Call Log – Puts all of your calls and texts in a single screen where you can easily identify any unknown number and why they called. Easily block or file a complaint against ANY number or caller
- Color Coded Threat Levels – Calls are associated with a color that lets the user know if the call is safe, suspect or a known offender using easy to understand green, yellow and red threat level indicators
- Complaint Filing – Allows the option for consumers to easily report abusive call behavior directly to the FTC from within the app and connects users with consumer advocates to fight back when call offenses occur
The First Orion PrivacyStar solution includes ScamBlock, Caller ID/YD with Robocall Detection, real-time caller ID and call blocking as well the ability to report abusive calls and texts directly to federal agencies. PrivacyStar is available as a free download for Android smartphones and powers call management solutions for many leading mobile carriers. Each month, PrivacyStar blocks millions of calls and files hundreds of thousands of call complaints on behalf of customers directly with the Federal Trade Commission for Do Not Call, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and TCPA (Telecommunications Consumer Protection Act) violations.
About First Orion
First Orion is dedicated to providing phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world-class data. It protects consumers from unwanted phone calls and unknown callers, along with fraud and scam protection, with call management software on industry leading mobile applications and network based solutions. The company helps businesses utilize authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Dallas, Seattle and London.
For regular updates, please visit www.FirstOrion.com.
PrivacyStar and First Orion are registered trademarks of First Orion Corp. All registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/privacystar-call-management-service-from-first-orion-delivers-robocall-and-scam-protection-for-mobile-carriers-300305783.html
SOURCE First Orion