MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM EST
Online, complimentary registration available at: http://frost.ly/1b3
Frost & Sullivan Mobility Global Vice President Sandeep Kar and Mobility Program Manager Bharani Lakshminarasimhan
2017 will be a year like no other in the global commercial vehicle industry. Product as a service will dominate industry narrative as proliferation of electronics and connected truck technologies creates new logistics business models. Moreover, concerns about global economic and geopolitical stability, along with the strength of BRIC economies, are creating the need for recalibration of business strategies; green, safe, connected smart trucks will also be in demand. 2017 is also expected to experience rising product and market convergence as the value truck segment rises in prominence globally. The briefing will reveal how confluence of economic and geopolitical volatility, as well as the rise of digitization, is bringing new business models to the trucking industry.
Attend this webinar to:
- Discover how several trends (geopolitical, economic, and technology driven) are converging to create new operating and functional realities for commercial vehicle industry participants
- Explore the impact of digitization in reshaping products, processes, platforms, and personnel in the global medium-heavy duty truck market
- Engage with industry thought leaders to discuss topics of strategic relevance to your business and its exposure to global medium-heavy duty truck technologies and markets
- Learn about the strategic imperatives and necessary focal points for deriving growth opportunities as the industry transitions from product- to service-based business models
The briefing will benefit global commercial vehicle industry executives, financial industry participants, regulators and legislators. This briefing will also benefit medium-heavy duty truck OEMs, tier-1 and tier-2 suppliers, fleets, and ecosystem partners that derive revenues from regional and global commercial vehicle industry. This briefing is targeted at global medium and heavy duty truck market stake holding groups and executives within these groups whose responsibilities include planning for growth in commercial vehicle markets globally and locally.
"With rising competition, shrinking degrees of separation between trucks (products) offered by major truck OEMs, and the rapid proliferation of electronics and connectivity related to advanced technologies, the global trucking industry is undergoing a tectonic change, a change that has impacted many other adjacent and unrelated industries in the past," notes Frost & Sullivan Global Vice President – Mobility Research Sandeep Kar. "This change is happening at the very core of the industry, one that is changing focus from products to services. Product-based business models are transforming into service-based business models," adds Kar. "Those who thought this change was happening only at the OEM level are encouraged to take a wider look. Tier-1 and 2 suppliers, fleets, owner-operators, truck drivers, technicians and even shippers – are all experiencing this seismic shift."
"Innovations in the freight brokering market, prognostics, driver monitoring, automated and automatic transmissions, infotainment, truck safety, comfort and convenience technologies, as well as many other commercial technologies that surround us today, show that something exciting is happening in the global commercial vehicle industry," states Frost & Sullivan Program Manager – Commercial Vehicle Research Bharani Lakshminarasimhan. "As the industry now finds itself on the cusp of transition from a product-based to a service-based business model, it is important to understand that this is just a transition and not the end-game."
- To attend the briefing, you can register by visiting: http://frost.ly/1b3
- For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and website, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/product-as-a-service-creating-powerful-growth-opportunities-for-ecosystem-partners-in-global-medium-heavy-duty-truck-industry-300393623.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan