NEW YORK, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Below are experts from the ProfNet network that are available to discuss timely issues in your coverage area. If you are interested in interviewing any of the experts, please contact them via the contact information at the end of the listing. To receive these updates by email, send a note to email@example.com with the industries you cover, and we'll add you to the appropriate edition.
If you are in need of additional experts, you can also submit a query to the hundreds of thousands of experts in our network. You can filter your request by institution type and geographic location to get the most targeted responses. The best part? It's free! Just fill out the query form to get started.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any aspect of ProfNet, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Reviews – Is Anyone Really Who They Claim to Be?
- Seniors Hit by Steep IRS Penalties for Innocent Oversights Made With IRAs
- Banking Reporter – Houston Business Journal (TX)
- Reporter – Law360 (CA)
- Social Media Editor – GlobalGrind.com (NY)
OTHER NEWS & RESOURCES
- How to Generate Story Ideas
- Blog Notes: Schools Admin, Fitness, Communications & Music Blogs
- Upcoming Media Events
Online Reviews – Is Anyone Really Who They Claim to Be?
Daniel W. Draz, M.S.,CFE
Recently, New York Attorney General Schneiderman announced an agreement with 19 companies to stop writing fake online reviews and pay more than $350,000 in fines resulting from 'Operation Clean Turf,' a year-long undercover investigation into reputation management industry, astroturfing and false endorsements. Says Draz: "Using the 80-20 fraud rule, with 20 percent being known and 80 percent being unknown, the reality is that this business practice is far more prevalent and widespread than even this settlement implies and goes to the heart of Web-based business, e-commerce, social media apps and online profiles where anyone can easily pretend to be anyone, or anything, online. As the ad says, 'Where'd you hear that?' 'On the Internet!' While most online terms of service agreements specifically prevent the creation of false profiles, the reality is that many people (and companies) still do it and the practice is widespread today. Combine fake online and social media profiles with review writing and the ability to hype various products, services, companies or stocks and you have a significant false advertising network to deceive consumers -- all of which falls under the general fraud or business statutes for every state in the country concerning misrepresentation or deceptive business practices, in addition to the obvious issue of conducting business unethically."
Draz is the principal of Fraud Solutions, a global fraud consulting firm located outside Chicago. He is a recognized leader in the fraud profession, providing innovative enterprise anti-fraud risk management strategies, insightful observations, fraud training and thought leadership to clients. He has extensive corporate fraud management (prevention, detection, investigation, risk, ethics, audit, compliance and legal) experience across a number of different industry verticals and works with companies to improve their enterprise fraud risk management efforts and reduce major fraud losses. Additionally, he is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), has a master's in economic crime management, and is an adjunct professor at four colleges, where he teaches a variety of fraud, white-collar crime and financial crime classes for industry professionals.
Expert Contact: Daniel W. Draz, email@example.com
Seniors Hit by Steep IRS Penalties for Innocent Oversights Made With IRAs
Ronald Fatoullah, Esq.
New York Elder Law Attorney
Ronald Fatoullah & Associates
"Congressman Steve Israel (D- Huntington) called on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as they increase their enforcement of Individual Retirement Account (IRA) contribution or withdrawal errors, to reassess the steep penalties that taxpayers face for innocent mistakes. Because of the IRS's new crackdown policy, many senior citizens, who are unaware of errors they are committing when it comes to managing their IRAs, could be facing steep financial penalties that they can't afford."
Fatoullah, Esq., founder of Ronald Fatoullah & Associates has been advising New Yorkers about the legal and financial challenges of aging for more than 30 years. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Elder Law Section of The NYS Bar Association, selected as a "SuperLawyer", voted one of New York's "Best Lawyers" in the fields of elder law and trusts and estates for seven consecutive years, and most recently, honored by the NYS Bar Association for his "advocacy, persistence and drafting" of the New York Adult Protective Guardianship Act." He has offices in Manhattan, Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn.
Media Contact: Carol Schell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Following are links to job listings for staff and freelance writers, editors and producers. You can view these and more job listings on our Job Board: http://bit.ly/pncjobboard
- Tech Business Reporter – Boston Business Journal (MA)
- Senior-Level Blogger – Los Angeles Times (CA)
- Sports Copy Editor – The Grand Forks Herald (ND)
See more listings here.
OTHER NEWS & RESOURCES:
Following are links to other news and resources we think you might find useful. If you have an item you think other reporters would be interested in and would like us to include in a future alert, please drop us a line at email@example.com
- COLGATE UNIVERSITY GETS AN A+ WITH PROFNET. Congratulations to ProfNet member Matt Hames, manager of media communications at Colgate University, who was featured in Times Square as part of our Facebook promotion. Want to see your face in Times Square? Here's how: http://bit.ly/13BpZ3w
- WRITERS: ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE 'APP ECONOMY'? With all the new cellphone activity by users, marketers need new ways of reaching them, which means they need freelancers that "get it." Here are some things to keep in mind so you can adapt: http://bit.ly/1eEnAtv
- MEDIA 411: WOMEN IN MEDIA. Today many women are in positions of power at well-known and respected media outlets. Here are some great female journalists who are shaping both the industry and future of journalism, widening the doors for other women so they, too, have the opportunity to one day make a difference: http://bit.ly/19LynOH
PROFNET is an exclusive service of PR Newswire. To submit a request for experts: http://bit.ly/findexperts To search the ProfNet Connect experts database: http://www.profnetconnect.com To contact ProfNet by phone: +1-800-PROFNET, ext. 1 To share a thought on Expert Alerts: firstname.lastname@example.org