Program Lineup for RISI's European Pulp & Paper Conference
BRUSSELS, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, today announces new program updates for the 15th Annual European Pulp and Paper Conference. The European Conference, the premier event for the pulp and paper industry, will take place April 22-24, 2013 at the Marriott Hotel in Vienna, Austria.
The conference will feature an impressive lineup of guest speakers representing leading companies from each aspect of the pulp and paper industry discussing challenges and opportunities they are facing. In addition, there will be RISI's first Bio Strategy Seminar addressing the bio based economy for the pulp and paper industry.
Attendees for the conference will include executives from paper companies, merchants, pulp producers, suppliers, financial and market analysts, and other end-users.
RISI has negotiated discounted room rates at the Vienna Marriott Hotel for the 2013 conference. The discounted rates are available for a limited time, so attendees are encouraged to book their reservations early.
On April 23, the program features industry experts covering must hear topics. Speakers will include pulp and paper producers, financial analysts, associations and many more. We will also be hosting a CEO Executive Panel which will consist of a round table discussion with the region's leading executives, including:
- Peter J Oswald, CEO, Mondi Europe and International
- Berry Wiersum, CEO, Sappi Fine Paper Europe
- Teresa Presas, Director General, CEPI
- Thomas Ehrnrooth, Vice President Marketing & Communications, Paper Business Group UPM
- Dr. Wolfgang Leitner, President & CEO, Andritz
The second day of the program on April 24, attendees will hear from RISI experts and their forecasts for specific industry sectors, including:
- Kurt Schaefer, Vice President, Fiber
- David Katsnelson, Director, Macroeconomics
- Hannah Zhao, Senior Economist, Recovered Paper
- Peter Barynin, Principal Economist, Timber Service
- Ville Henttonen, Senior Product Manager, Mill Intelligence
- John Maine, Vice President, Graphic Paper
- Esko Uutela, Principal Economist, Tissue
- Orifjon Abidov, Economist, European Paper Packaging
- Ken Waghorne, Vice President, Packaging
On April 24, we will also be hosting our first RISI Bio Strategy Seminar at the Marriott Hotel in Vienna, Austria. You will hear from executives discussing the pitfalls, challenges, and opportunities of entering into the bio economy. The seminar will cover key areas of biomass, bioenergy, biorefining, waste to energy, and energy savings. Additionally, you will hear case studies from companies who have implemented a successful bio strategy and are beginning to reap the rewards. Topics covered in the compelling new seminar include:
- The Economical Advantages of Running a Fossil-Fuel Free Pulp Mill
- Processum Biorefinery Initiative, a Successful Cluster Engine to Drive Biorefinery Development Forward
- Value from Biomass with Metso Processes and Technologies
- RTP Green Fuel - A Growing Business Opportunity for the Forest Cluster
Conference registrations for both of these premier events are currently available at www.risi.com/euroconf.
For Press Enquiries, please contact:
Notes to Editors:
About European Pulp & Paper Outlook Conference (www.risi.com/euroconf)
The 15th RISI European Pulp and Paper Outlook Conference will be held at the Vienna Marriott Hotel in Vienna on April 22-24, 2013. The conference will address some of the keys issues facing the European pulp and paper industry. The first RISI Bio Strategy Seminar will be held at the Vienna Marriott Hotel in Vienna on April 24, 2013. The seminar will address the bio based economy for the pulp and paper industry. More information regarding the event programs and registration details can be found at www.risi.com/euroconf.
About RISI (www.risi.com)
Owned by UBM plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
About UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.