MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies plans to fill more than 1,300 roles by the end of 2016. They include IT and analyst roles, as well as customer care and claims roles across the country.
Progressive has long been recognized as an innovator in the IT and big data fields and intends to continue to grow in this area by hiring top caliber technology and analytics professionals. Its culture of experimentation is evident in its Innovation Services, a multi-pronged effort consisting of four pillars including its Business Innovation Garage (BIG). BIG is an internal think-tank open to employees, enabling them to set up and run experiments, design and build prototypes, uncover results, and share key learnings for various business solutions.
"Progressive is looking for software developers and data analysts who will help propel our innovative and growing company forward," said Steve Broz, Chief Information Officer at Progressive. "Our employees have an opportunity to tackle challenging work and make an impact on millions of customers and claimants, as well as our nearly 30,000 employees."
Progressive offers employees the opportunity to work on developing and refining programs such as Snapshot®, its usage-based insurance program, which was the first of its kind. Snapshot has allowed Progressive to collect and analyze more than 15 billion miles of driving data to help them better predict driving behaviors – a big breakthrough for the industry. The company also recently teamed up with app developer TrueMotion to create the software for Snapshot mobile, which is slated to roll out in select states later this year.
In addition to IT and analyst roles, Progressive is hiring for key roles in inbound sales and customer service roles, which are critical to helping customers find the right policy for them, providing service throughout the policy ownership experience, or assisting customers with their claims.
"At Progressive, our view is that we're in this together," said Erin Hendrick, TalentSearch Leader at Progressive. "We understand that our employees are passionate about their work and value the need for work-life balance, while delivering great products, services and experiences to our customers. We offer extensive training programs and career development options, flexible work arrangements, resources to help employees balance work and home life and a casual work environment. At some of our larger locations, we offer on-site medical facilities for employees and their families and fitness centers. We also share Progressive's success, as most employees are eligible for an annual bonus based on company performance."
Progressive employees also enjoy:
- Aerobics, spinning and yoga classes, employee-organized running clubs and access to discounted Weight Watchers® at select locations
- Vitality Wellness Program - an interactive and personalized wellness program that makes it easy for you to live your healthiest life
- Access to nine Employee Resource Groups. ERGs are employee-run organizations with common interests or backgrounds, like its African American, Latin American Networking Association, LGBT+ and young professionals networks, and are open to all employees
- A world-renowned contemporary art collection
- Parenting resources, such as a Child/Adult Care Flexible Spending Account, maternity services, adoption assistance, and Resources For Living - a program of free services that includes an Employee Assistance Program and Worklife Services
Roles are available at the following locations:
- IT developer, systems engineer, software design engineer and IT manager roles: Cleveland, OH and Colorado Springs, CO
- Experienced data analysts: Cleveland
- Inbound sales and customer service roles: Austin, TX; Cleveland; Colorado Springs; Phoenix, AZ; Sacramento, CA; and Tampa, FL
- Field claims professionals: New England; Atlanta, GA; Long Island and Staten Island, NY; Maryland, South Florida, and others
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach it whenever, wherever and however it's most convenient—online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. Home insurance is underwritten by select carriers, including American Strategic Insurance Corp. and subsidiaries (ASI), our majority owned subsidiaries.
Progressive is the fourth largest auto insurer in the country; a leading seller of motorcycle and commercial auto insurance; and through ASI, one of the top 20 homeowners carriers. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at NYSE: PGR.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/progressive-insurance-to-hire-more-than-1300-people-by-end-of-year-300336445.html
SOURCE The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies