Along with the new format of the floor, and under the direction of President of Men's Erik Ulin, PROJECT Las Vegas will provide exhibitors, retailers and buyers with opportunities to experience new, interactive components that offer insight into the future of fashion and wholesale industries.
One example will be partnering with WGSN, the world's leading trend authority, in conjunction with DeSL, a Fashion PLM and Augmented Reality service. Together, WGSN and DeSL will invite guests to immerse themselves in six holographic experiences, juxtaposing their real-world environments with virtual Spring/Summer '17 menswear trends. The AR environments will include: 90's Sport, Neo-Vintage, Modern Utility, Relaxed Tailoring, Retro Resort and Rebel Remix.
"We're excited to continue our partnership with WGSN to explore upcoming trends and visualizing them through The Edit. Along with all the exciting new and returning brands in PROJECT and THE TENTS, we are happy to also launch a new initiative with its own area on the show floor, P1V0T, which will highlight technology companies focused on solving the pain points of the fashion industry. We aim to continue this initiative moving forward, and to combine it with valuable insights from industry experts," says Erik Ulin, President of Men's Fashion at UBM.
"For this show, we are hosting a number of panels with tech, denim and industry power players including P1V0T, ISKO, MAVI and Adriano Goldschmied. The team has put a tremendous amount of work in creating an exciting show and we look forward to welcoming all of you there," Ulin concludes.
Highlights at PROJECT include:
- Panel discussions running throughout the three days as follows:
- P1V0T's 'Breakfast with the Disruptors' | PROJECT will host a breakfast to accompany the launch of their new section, P1V0T, which will infuse tech and fashion into an exciting new panel conversation.
- 'How Tech Is Controlling Consumer Behavior' | In partnership with ISKO, and moderated by WGSN's Menswear Editor, Jian DeLeon.
- 'Adriano Goldschmied Unthreaded: A Discussion on the Innovation of Denim' | In partnership with Mavi Jeans, denim legend, Adriano Goldschmied with discuss the past, present and future of denim.
- PROJECT's official after party at Marquee Nightclub on Monday, August 15th from 10:30pm until sunrise.
- PROJECT will welcome first time exhibitors KHND Studios, Knowledge Cotton Apparel, Crash Baggage, Singer + Sargent and Nifty Genius to the show floor, in addition to new brands showing at THE TENTS including, Corridor NYC, Michael Bastian Gray Label, W. Kleinberg, Caliphash and agnès b.
- The Blogger PROJECT brings together PROJECT brands with the digital space. Handpicked by Marcus Troy, influencers for the Spring/Summer '17 season include:
Highlights at MRket include:
- MOVE, a curation of the best in active and performance-base brands; Made in Italy, features top-tailored, accessories and sportswear brands from Italy; Coast Life, hosts a unique grouping of casual brands that embody the super-chill yet adventurous West Coast lifestyle; and Vanguards Gallery, at the center of the MRket show floor, offers directional brands at the forefront of modern menswear.
- MRket will bring some of its greatest brands to life with fashion presentations on August 15th, the first day of the show. Barbour will show at 10:30am; the Best of Italy, a showcase of Italian design, will present at noon; and Michael Macko, Editor-at-Large with MR Magazine, will style his favorite pieces together in a final presentation at 1:30pm.
- New and notable brands include: Baldessarini, Barbour, Blujacket, Buck's Club, Codice, Gimo's, Gitman, Gran Sasso, Lanier, Mason's, Max & Chester, PMF, Sebastien James, Sweat Tailor, Tasc Performance, Tailorbyrd, Vineyard Vines, and Vuori.
PROJECT WOMENS, the West Coast lifestyle influenced show, will offer:
- Conscious Collections, the most sought-after brands in the sustainable fashion movement, OA*SIS, the premier destination for new and innovative brands and Flex, PROJECT WOMENS active area, is returning with exciting new brands including BE by Blanc Noir, O.G. Organic Garments, Sol and Selene, Vestem, Glyder Apparel and Elektrix.
- 'Cupcakes and Cashmere…And Champagne, Oh My!' will have moderator Chelsea Matthews of Matte Black in conversation with Cupcake & Cashmere's Emily Schuman on blogging, designing and her book
- PROJECT WOMENS SS'17 Bloggers include:
- CURVENV, which will enable brands and retailers to build stronger relationships, discover new trends, develop the crossover between product categories and conduct business in a convenient, high-fashion-oriented environment. The show has moved to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center for the first time alongside PROJECT WOMENS.
- S'well, which will again sponsor PROJECT WOMENS water stations throughout the show floor with AFL sponsoring a nail bar were guests can receive customized prints.
- PROJECT WOMENS will also welcome first time exhibitors Alliance Apparel, Cop Copine, ERIN Erin Fetherston, L'Academie, McGuire Denim, Privacy Please, Rachel Zoe, Raye, Tularosa and Z Zac Posen with notable returning brands to include: Australian Fashion Labels, Bailey 44, Cupcakes & Cashmere, For Love & Lemons, Indigenous, Kut from the Kloth, LNA, Lovers and Friends, NBD, Nic + Zoe, Rails and Ted Baker.
Meanwhile, the art and music-focused indie experience POOLTRADESHOW, which will now be located alongside Stitch and Accessories the Show, will feature:
- Up and coming brands including House of Wolves, Ethic Goods, Honey Belle, Trendy & Tipsy, Woll, Swell Vision, and These are Things.
- The POOL Brand Design Contest: Brands will submit to be one of 5 designs screen printed live on site by AKA Screen Printing using Next Level Apparel tees (tees are complimentary to guests while supplies last).
- A daily happy hour sponsored by Belvedere Unfiltered on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
- POOLTRADESHOW regulars Curbside will offer a live art installation, and Sock it to Me will host a lounge for the exchange of new socks by the brand and attendees can build their own terrarium at Makers Kit DIY station.
- POOLTRADESHOW's annual party will be hosted at the Foundation Room on Tuesday evening.
Boasting heritage and classic apparel, THE COLLECTIVE will welcome:
- Money Ruins Everything showroom that will include: Fila Heritage, Primitive, Benny Gold, Raised by Wolves, Black Scale, Kennington, Pas De Mer, Asphalt Yacht Club and more.
- A daily happy hour with Hennessey VS on Monday and Tuesday afternoons and first time exhibitors Ecko, LTD along with Hang Ten campus and Margaritaville Apparel.
ABOUT PROJECT | Held bi-annually in New York and Las Vegas, PROJECT is the world's preeminent contemporary fashion trade event, encompassing men's, women's, accessories and footwear brands within PROJECT Vegas, PROJECT Women's, THE TENTS, PROJECT New York and PROJECT SOLE New York. Bringing expertise and relevance to the global fashion industry through a highly merchandised approach, PROJECT creates destinations where innovation, commerce and service converge. For more information, please visit www.projectshow.com.
ABOUT MRket: MRket is a global fashion trade show representing the best collections in men's clothing, sportswear footwear and accessories from the United States, Canada and abroad. MRket is the only show in North America to spotlight international groups such as Made in Italy and UK Design as well as curated brands sections: Vanguards Gallery and Modern Prep. The best men's stores in North America and over 47 countries attend MRket because it is a serious writing, networking and press event.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/project-expands-in-vegas-alongside-mrket-offers-educational-discussions-tech-focused-experiences-and-expanded-show-floor-300310709.html