SAN FRANCISCO, June 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the global leader in logistics real estate, today announced the release of its annual sustainability report.
The report documents the company's activities in the three dimensions of sustainability: environmental stewardship, social responsibility and corporate governance and ethics.
"We stand with other sovereign nations and Fortune 500 companies to address climate change and the real threat it presents to global economies and future generations," said Hamid Moghadam, chairman & CEO, Prologis. "As part of a global community transitioning to clean energy, we are committed to a more sustainable future that ensures the free flow of goods and bolsters economic opportunity. From the buildings we operate to our organizational DNA, environmental stewardship has always been an important part of our business strategy. We will continue to work toward a cleaner, more sustainable future for all."
Highlights from the report include:
- Meeting and exceeding our corporate greenhouse gas emission reduction goal of 20 percent by 2020 from a 2011 baseline
- Certification of 54 projects totaling 17 million square feet (MSF) of sustainable buildings in 2016, bringing the company's total sustainable building certifications to 87 MSF across 233 projects in 16 countries
- Solar installations in the company's footprint increased by 18 megawatts (MW) to 165 MW in nine countries
- Efficient lighting in 78 percent of the company's operating portfolio, up from 73 percent in 2015
- Extended ISO 14001 environmental management system certification from Europe to the U.S.
- Donations from Prologis and the Prologis Foundation totaling $1.6 million to local nonprofits
- More than 10,400 employee volunteer hours benefiting organizations in the areas of education, human welfare and the environment
- 82 months of rent-free distribution center space donated to 12 nonprofits through Prologis' Space for Good program
Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Prologis named REIT industry's corporate governance leader for the 14th year in a row by Green Street Advisors
- Finalist for the best proxy statement at the ninth annual Corporate Secretary Corporate Governance Awards
- Adopted proxy access as a corporate governance best practice
- Amended our outperformance plan to make its performance hurdles even more rigorous and further align management and shareholders' interests
"I am proud to report that 2016 was another year of significant sustainability accomplishments, both in terms of the progress we made toward our sustainability goals and the continued engagement with our stakeholders," said Jeannie Renne-Malone, vice president, Sustainability. "I am humbled by and grateful for the terrific work and dedication of my colleagues at Prologis, who work tirelessly to minimize our impacts and engage in our communities."
The report, which has been externally assured, follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework. It was developed in accordance with the GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS) in accordance with the Core option.
The complete report is available online at http://prolo.gs/susr2016.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prologis-reaffirms-commitment-to-long-term-climate-action-in-tenth-annual-sustainability-report-300468222.html
SOURCE Prologis, Inc.