PromaxBDA Announces the 2014 North America Promotion, Marketing & Design Awards Finalists, Jury and Host Over 150 nominees highlighting the best work in the industry; FX Networks, A+E Television Networks, and Showtime lead nominations
LOS ANGELES, May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PromaxBDA, the leading global association for marketing, promotion and design professionals in the entertainment industry, today announced the finalists for the 2014 North America Promotion, Marketing & Design Awards. The competition recognizes the most creative and hi-impact work being produced in North America, consistently setting a new bar for marketing in the entertainment industry.
Hosted by actor and comedian, Jeff Leach, the 2014 North America Promotion, Marketing & Design Awards will be announced at the closing night of the PromaxBDA #WTFuture Conference on June 12, 2014 at the Hilton Midtown in New York.
"This is our favorite time of year; we get to enjoy great work and celebrate those who make amazing contributions to our industry," said Stacy La Cotera, VP of Awards for PromaxBDA. "We've seen so many unique ways of reaching audiences through new forms of promotions and marketing this year that we're sure to have some interesting wins at the show."
Awards will be given out throughout the evening including special recognition for the Agency of the Year and the Marketing Team of the Year. Other award categories include: Best Content Promotion; Program Promotional Campaign; Brand Integrated Campaign; Use of Original Music; Best Key Art/Poster; Sound Design; and many others. Some of the top finalists, from in-house departments as well as external agency production houses include VH1, FX Networks, Cartoon Network, Showtime, Food Network, Turner Sports, Bell Media Agency, Al Jazeera America, Stun Creative, Troika, Ignition, and many others. For a full list of categories and finalists, please visit promaxbda.org.
PromaxBDA has also announced today the group of entertainment industry leaders who participated as members of the jury for the 2014 PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing & Design Awards. The esteemed group judged the finalists of this year's North American PromaxBDA Awards Competition which recognizes creativity and excellence in the television and video content media marketing space.
"The landscape continues to evolve now that audiences are flooded with a variety of choices for entertainment and media, making our jobs as marketers a little more complicated," said John Miller, CMO, NBC Sports Group and Chair of the NBCUniversal Marketing Council. "Going through all the entries really shows how far we've come in the last decade; and I'm excited to celebrate the groundbreaking work we've seen in the past year."
The 2014 PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing & Design Awards jury members are:
- Michael Armstrong, SVP & GM, BET International & Paramount Channel, Viacom International Media Networks
- Phil Ashcroft, Co-Chair, British Academy of Film & Television, Arts Academy Los Angeles Games Committee
- Sarah Barnett, President & GM, Sundance Channel
- Laurel Bernard, EVP, Marketing, Fox Broadcasting Company
- Val Boreland, EVP, Programming & Production, Revolt
- Dennis Camlek, SVP, Turner Media Group, TBS, Inc.,
- Zach Enterlin, SVP, Program Advertising, HBO
- Jose A Garcia-Gonzalez, VP, Brand & Integrated Communications, DIRECTV
- David Hudson, SVP, Late Night & Specials, TBS & TNT
- Kirk Iwanowski, CMO, EPIX
- Sean Koriakin, Founding Partner & Creative Director, Iron Claw
- Warren Leight, Show Runner & EP, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Rick Lewchuck, SVP, Creative Services, CNN Worldwide
- Gerry Logue, SVP, Digital & Print Creative, NBC Entertainment Marketing
- Max Mutchnick, Writer & Executive Producer
- Tor Myhren, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Grey
- Dan Pappalardo, Founder & CEO, Troika
- Jesse Redniss, Chief Strategy Officer, Spredfast
- Kent Rees, EVP, Marketing, Scheduling & Operation, PIVOT
- Guy Slattery, EVP, Marketing, A&E Network, BIO Channel & Crime & Investigation Network
- Maurizio Vitale, SVP, Networks Marketing, Sony Pictures Television
- Lauren Zalaznick, Media, Digital, Marketing, TV & Film Professional
PromaxBDA #WTFuture Conference 2014 will feature speaker sessions, strategic and creative presentations, panels and workshops for every career stage in the marketing, promotion and design industry.
For more information on the event and the awards please contact us or visit promaxbda.org. For #WTFuture Conference updates, speaker information and promotions, follow PromaxBDA on Twitter at @PromaxBDA and on Facebook at facebook.com/PromaxBDA.
PromaxBDA is a member association representing more than 10,000 companies and individuals from major media organizations, marketing agencies, research companies, strategic and creative vendors and technology providers around the globe. The goal of PromaxBDA Association is to lead the global community of those passionately engaged in the marketing of television and video content on all platforms, inspiring creativity, driving innovation and honoring excellence. With companies and individuals drawn from more than 70 countries, PromaxBDA is a truly international organization uniting the individuals who will pioneer tomorrow's electronic and broadcast media.