"At Citi, our mission is to enable progress," said Citi Chief Brand Officer Dermot Boden, "for those who have aspiration for their communities, their businesses, families and themselves. Citi is there to support them on their journey from ambition to achievement, whether at home or on the global stage. And this is why we are so proud to support the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams as they represent all of us in Rio."
Team Citi includes:
- Nathan Adrian, Three-time Olympic gold medalist; swimming
- Scout Bassett, Paralympic hopeful; Paralympic track and field
- Gabby Douglas, Two-time Olympic gold medalist; gymnastics
- Allyson Felix, Four-time Olympic gold and two-time silver medalist; track and field
- Rudy Garcia-Tolson, Three-time U.S. Paralympic Team member, two-time gold medalist, one-time silver and bronze medalist; Paralympic swimming
- Carlin Isles, Team USA rugby player; Olympic hopeful in rugby and track & field
- Brad Snyder, Two-time gold medalist and silver medalist; Paralympic swimming
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, Three-time Olympic gold medalist; beach volleyball
"Citi is working to help Team USA and people across the country realize their dreams every day," says two-time Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas. "My focus right now is to become a stronger gymnast and prepare for Rio. Citi's support is so crucial to me as I prepare to represent the United States on the world stage."
"There is nothing more exciting to me, in any aspect of my life, than feeling I am progressing physically and mentally, especially with Rio so firmly in my reach this summer," says Brad Snyder, two-time gold medalist and silver medalist, Paralympic swimming. "Citi's commitment to enabling progress and its support of Team USA has given me an extra boost of confidence in this crucial time of training and competing."
Team Citi will feature prominently in Citi's multimedia marketing efforts this spring and summer.
To celebrate today's announcement, the members of Team Citi share what progress means to them in this video.
Follow Team Citi's progress leading up to Rio @Citi on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160321/346137LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/proud-sponsor-of-progress-citi-teams-up-with-eight-us-athletes-as-part-of-its-team-usa-sponsorship-for-rio-2016-300238733.html
SOURCE Citigroup Inc.