DENVER, June 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On May 11, The Colorado Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) proudly announced the 2012 winners of the Gold Picks and Silver Awards. Annually Colorado PRSA honors the achievements of individuals and organizations in Public Relations through recognition of best and ethical practices among leaders and peers in the industry. The process provides a chance for practitioners to evaluate successful campaigns, highlight team performance and submit work that, in effect, raises the bar for the profession. Included are the organizations awarded, the category placed and the organization represented as presented on May 11, 2012 by the Colorado Chapter of the PRSA:
Gold Pick Winners
Public Relations/Communications Firms
- Communications Infrastructure Group (CIG) — Social Media
- Communications Strategy Group (CSG) — Media Relations, consumer services, Eating and Recovery Center
- Downing Street Communications – Media Relations, Business to Business
- Ground Floor Media – Media Relations, associations/nonprofit organizations, St Anthony Hospital and USA Swimming Foundation
- Linhart Public Relations – Media relations, consumer services, Comcast and FirstBank. Internal communications, business, pro bono projects/programs, special events, Boulder International Film Festival. Media relations, consumer products, Chipotle Mexican Grill. International communications, business, Culture Matters at Linhart Public Relations.
- Pure Brand Communications – Social media, Stetson. Marketing consumer products, other, The Los Angeles Philharmonic. Websites, online media room, NCM Fathom. Direct mail/direct response, NCM Fathom.
- Webb PR – Media relations, consumer products, Safeway. Websites, external. Persistent Drunk Driver Committee. Press conferences.
- CSU Division of External Relations — Media relations, government
- Farm Credit Council National Communications Team— Brochures, fewer than 17 pages
- GHX Corporate Communications – Websites, external
- Kaiser Permanente Colorado Media Relations Team — Media relations, consumer services
- Pinnacol Assurance — Communications relations, associations/nonprofit organizations. Workships/seminars/training programs. Brochures, fewer than 17 pages.
- City of Aurora/Julie Patterson and Alan Banner — Publications, single issue newsletter/booklets/calendars
- OppenheimerFunds Inc./Amber Reilly, Amy Sperber and Jonathan Wheeler — Websites, Internal/Intranet
Silver Award Winners
Public Relations/Communications Firms
- Downing Street Communications – A Communications Consultancy — Marketing B2B campaign, products, Intelligent Marketing: How IQNavigator Used Proprietary Data to Launch its IQNtelligence Products and Garner Though Leadership
- JKD & Company — Media relations, associates/nonprofit organizations, Colorado's Millet Industry Holds Promise for State Economy
- Linhart Public Relations — Marketing consumer products campaign, other category, These are Crocs? New Styles Change Perceptions of Iconic Clog Footwear Brand
- Philosophy Communication – Integrated communications campaign, consumer services, Uncover the Genius-Integrated Communications. Events and observances campaign (seven days or fewer), business-services, Get Rolling with Lincoln.
- Pure Communications — Reputation/brand management campaign, business, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reputation. Blogger campaign, My Run Blogger Outreach. Newsletters (print and digital), fewer than 17 pages, Stetson. Media relations, association/nonprofit organization, 2011 Courage Classic.
- Webb PR — Research and evaluation, Research and Evaluation Key to Drugged Driving Enforcement Message. Public service campaign, government, The Truth Fairy at Western State College of Colorado
- City of Commerce City — Brochures (print and digital), 17 pages or more, Redefining Commerce: City Pays Homage to its Heritage, City of Commerce City
- Denver Art Museum — Integrated communications campaign, associations/nonprofit organizations, government, Marvelous Mud: Celebrating Clay from Around the World
- Farm Credit Council — Events and observances campaign (seven days or fewer), business-services, Farm Credit Rocks at the National Future Farmers of America Convention
- Humane Society of Boulder Valley—Annual reports (print and digital), nonprofit organizations, "Saving More Lives – 2010 Annual Report"
- Kaiser Permanente – Media relations, associations/nonprofit organizations, Weight and Win Media Relations. Newsletters, fewer than 17 pages, Health Care Reform in 10 Minutes. Social media, Colfax Marathon, Mark's Video Diary.
- Pinnacol Assurance – Annual report, companies up to $500 million, "Good Makes Good" Annual Report.
- Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank— Public service campaign, association/nonprofit organization Circle of Light Photo Projects: Motivating Other to Become Eye, Organ and Tissue Donors
- United Healthcare – Media relations, consumer services, Serving the Underserved: United Healthcare Supports Coloradans in Rural Communities
About PRSA Colorado
The Public Relations Society of America (www.prsa.org) is the nation's largest association for the professional practice of public relations. The Colorado Chapter (www.prsacolorado.org), headquartered in Denver, has more than 450 members, making it one of the largest chapters in the country. The chapter provides timely and profession-specific educational programs, information and networking opportunities to all of its members, which include professionals at all levels working at local and national public relations agencies, corporations, government offices, universities, and nonprofits, as well as independent PR practitioners.
SOURCE PRSA Colorado