NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Public Relations Society of America-New York Chapter (PRSA-NY) , the industry go-to for knowledge and networking for communications professionals in the New York metro area, has announced its 2017 Board of Directors and chapter leadership.
PRSA-NY enters 2017 with an incredibly robust and passionate group of members led by its board, chairs and committees. The organization's mantra for the year is "Be a Bridge, Write the Story." "We're calling on members to be brand ambassadors for the association by bridging the gap between members and non-members, the industry and the public, and the media and the consumer," explains Olga González, chapter president in 2017 and CEO/Founder of Pietra PR.
Chapter leadership is committed to seizing the momentum created in 2016, which has been a year of exciting transition for PRSA-NY. The chapter launched its 15 Under 35 Awards which recognize the most inspired and inspiring young talent in the New York metro area public relations industry. "Thanks to the incredible success of the program, we now have award recipients who are rising as new, young leaders in the organization," Ms. González said. "They're leading new initiatives in diversity, marketing and the awards, to name a few. Celebrating the young talent that will lead our business to new heights is something the entire industry should rally around."
On the administrative front, the organization put a more robust database in place with a new management system to allow for more efficient communication with membership digitally. A new association management firm, Jaffe, has been engaged to ensure continued excellent service to members.
Perhaps the most significant transition has come via the addition of new volunteers and fresh leadership team members who make up more than a third of the 2017 Board and committee chairs. "I am delighted by the diversity and the enthusiasm of our board and volunteers, and am looking forward to the continued growth and involvement of those who want to give back to this incredible industry in 2017," adds Ms. González. "If you haven't checked out what PRSA-NY is doing, how we're growing, and our fresh approaches to helping drive the industry forward, take the time today. Become a member."
The following will serve as chapter officers and members of its board of directors in 2017:
- President: Olga González, CEO & Founder, Pietra PR
- Immediate Past President: William F. Doescher, President & CEO, The Doescher Group
- President-Elect: Sharon Fenster, President and Founder, Fenster Communications
- VP, Marketing: Helen Shelton, Senior Partner, Finn Partners
- VP, Membership: Joan Cear, Senior Vice President, Kellen Communications
- VP, Programs: Emily Simmons, Account Supervisor, Ketchum
- Secretary: Gary Bridgens, Project Assistant, APCO Worldwide
- Treasurer: Lea-Ann Germinder, APR, Fellow PRSA, President & Founder, Germinder & Associates, Inc.
The following will represent the chapter as directors:
- 15 Under 35 Senior Director: Rob Bratskeir, Executive Vice President, 360 PR
- Programming Senior Director: Natasha Carroll, Director Consumer East, Havas Formula
- Big Apple Associate Director: Angela Chitkara, PR Track Director, Branding + Integrated Communications Graduate Program, City College of New York (CCNY)
- Mike Doyle, Partner & Director, NY, Ketchum
- Director of Finance: Natan Edelsburg, SVP Media, Muck Rack & Shorty Awards
- Henry Feintuch, Founder & President, Feintuch Communications
- Marketing Associate Director: Tori Fernandes, Director Global Media Relations and Issues Management, Nielsen
- Membership Senior Director: Lynne Scott Jackson, President & CEO, Millynneum Inc.
- 15 Under 35 Associate Director: Kellie Jelencovich, Senior Account Executive, MSLGroup
- Big Apple Senior Director: Stacy Leistner, Founder, The TAGS Group
- Programming Associate Director: Jacquie McMahon, Account Executive, Ketchum
- Marketing Senior Director: Aimee Ricca, Marketing & Communications, Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers
- Past President Ambassador Program: Michael Rinaldo, Executive Vice President & General Manager, dna Communications
- Art Stevens, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder & Managing Partner, The Stevens Group
- Membership Associate Director: Meredith Ulrich, Office/Account Coordinator, Affect
The following will serve as committee chairs:
- Agency Liaison: William F. Doescher, President & CEO, The Doescher Group
- Diversity Chair: Andy Checo, Senior Director, FORMULATIN
- Ethics Chair: Emmanuel Tchividjian, Senior Vice President, Executive Director, Ethics Officer, Ruder Finn
- Networking Chair: Hannah Porterfield, Account Executive, Development Counsellors International
- Sponsorship Co-Chair: Gorki De Los Santos, Director, Communications, US Media, Nielsen
- PRSA Liaison Chair: Lea-Ann Germinder, APR, Fellow PRSA, President & Founder, Germinder & Associates, Inc.
- PRSSA Liaison Co-Chair: Gary Bridgens, Project Assistant, APCO Worldwide
- PRSSA Liaison Co-Chair: Veronica Mingrone, Analyst, Canvas Blue
- Senior Executives Chair: Art Stevens, APR, Fellow PRSA, Founder & Managing Partner, The Stevens Group
- Sponsorship Chair: Henry Feintuch, Founder & President, Feintuch Communications
- Technology Chair: Tori Fernandes, Director Global Media Relations and Issues Management, Nielsen
- PR Trade Liaison: Cessie Cerato, Public Relations Director, Palace Resorts
For more information, please visit prsany.org; and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Public Relations Society of America, New York City chapter is the industry go-to for knowledge and networking for communications professionals in the New York metro area. Established in 1948, PRSA-NY is one of the founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America, the world's largest professional organization for public relations practitioners, and the third largest PRSA local chapter in the U.S. It serves the interests of public relations professionals working in business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. Chapter board and committee members are volunteer public relations professionals who work in the New York metropolitan area. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Vice President of Marketing, PRSA-NY
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prsa-ny-announces-2017-board-of-directors-300384774.html