Psychiatric Times Presents Special Coverage on Ethics and Legalities
NORWALK, Conn., April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Psychiatric Times, a leading online community for mental health professionals, presented up-to-date reporting by leaders in the field of psychiatric ethics. Among the materials presented in this special report:
- The Brave New World of Psychiatric Ethics: Special Report Chair Cynthia Geppert, MD, PhD, MPH, leads the way in offering guidance and hope that psychiatry can reinvent itself as it has so many times before.
- The New CPT Codes: Ethical Challenges in a New Billing Era? focuses on 2 ethical issues that the new CPT coding raises to higher stakes: the increased potential for conflict of interest in billing and the erosion of confidentiality.
- Ethics and Virtues in Clinical Psychiatry reviews case-based dialogues that illustrate some virtues required in psychiatric practice.
- Discussions About Public Figures: Clinician, Commentator, or Educator? An article on the professional and ethical obligations psychiatrists should follow.
- Ethical Issues in Disclosing to Patients: Should Patients Be Allowed to Read Their Charts? Federal law now strongly supports a patient's right to view his or her psychiatric record on request. Here: a look at the ethical and legal issues.
Psychiatric Times is the country's leading psychiatric publication and regularly publishes content on key issues in psychiatry and the ethics.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US