NORWALK, Conn., March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Medica US announces that Psychiatric Times, a leading online community for mental health professionals, presented up-to-date reporting by leaders in the field of eating disorders. Among the materials presented during National Eating Disorders Awareness Week:
- Understanding Anorexia Nervosa: Series Editor, Walter Kaye, MD, Director of the Eating Disorders Program and Professor in the department of psychiatry at UCSD, discusses the clinical challenges in treating anorexia nervosa, the psychiatric illness with the highest mortality rate over any other.
- Novel Research in the Neuropsychiatry of Anorexia Nervosa: Psychiatry is making progress in understanding what happens before and during the illness and how this behavior can be explained.
- An Overview of Eating Disorders: In this podcast, experts discuss symptoms, diagnostic criteria, and medical complications of eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.
- Deep Brain Stimulation in Chronic and Severe Anorexia Nervosa: More recently, the rationale for the use of DBS in anorexia nervosa derives from several sources.
- The Treatment of Adolescent Eating Disorders: Recent efforts are beginning to provide clinicians with some clear treatment guidelines for medically unstable adolescents with anorexia nervosa.
Psychiatric Times is the country's leading psychiatric publication and regularly publishes content on key issues in mental health and telepsychiatry.
About UBM Medica US
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Connect which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Connect brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, customer management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete show. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news.
Jason J. Golden
Content Marketing Manager
SOURCE UBM Medica US