SAN DIEGO, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you charged up about electric vehicles (EVs)? Bring your family and friends for this one-day-only opportunity to get "plugged into" the future of transportation. The free ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY is presented by the Plug-In 2013 Conference & Exposition and National Plug In Day, and will be held on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Liberty Station, 2401 Truxtun Road, San Diego, CA 92106 in the Trader Joe's parking lot.
Local residents who already own an EV are invited to park their cars on display (on a first-come, first-served basis) and network with the local community as part of the National Plug In Day celebration.
Attendees at ELECTRIC VEHICLE DAY can:
- Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs, including (subject to change) the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Spark EV, Chevy Volt, BMW i3 (passenger rides only in the BMW vehicle), Fiat 500e, Ford C-Max Energi, Ford Focus EV, Ford Fusion Energi, GEM, Tesla Model S, Toyota Plug-In Prius, Toyota RAV4 EV and VIA Motors Extended Cab Pick-Up Truck.
- Check out EV chargers and learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home or throughout the San Diego region, with more than 500 public charging stations available.
- Learn how to save money with San Diego Gas & Electric's special EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel when charging from midnight to 5 a.m.
- Learn about state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts at the California Center for Sustainable Energy.
- Find out about life as an EV owner from an expected 100-plus neighbors who will show their cars, having already made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.
More information and registration: www.energycenter.org/EVDay
Corporate Sponsors: NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, CADILLAC and CHEVROLET
Regional Sponsors: California Center for Sustainable Energy, San Diego Gas & Electric and San Diego Regional Clean Cities Coalition
National Plug In Day Sponsors: Plug In America, Sierra Club and Electric Vehicle Association
Electric Vehicle Day Organizer: Electric Power Research Institute
SOURCE Plug-In 2013