Publisher's Call to Chefs for Gluten-Free Recipes Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook to Feature Top Recipes from America's Best Chefs
AMBLER, Pa., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Entries for the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook are now being accepted by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA). Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, the cookbook will include 100 gluten-free recipes submitted by the country's most notable and innovative chefs. The NFCA decided to create this cookbook to raise awareness of the growing need for gluten-free dishes, to celebrate the creativity of chefs and to inspire home cooks.
"We know there are professional chefs out there with award-winning gluten-free recipes looking to inspire home cooks," says Chef Jehangir Mehta, an executive chef, restaurateur and NFCA chef ambassador. "This cookbook will celebrate everything that chefs are doing for their guests who are eating gluten-free, particularly those who are eating gluten-free out of medical necessity."
Qualifying recipes must be original, unpublished and fall into the following categories: breakfast, appetizers, soups, grains/salads/sides, entrees, breads, and desserts.
The NFCA-approved panel of judges, comprised of experts and home testers, will select the top 100 recipes from the entire pool of submissions based on taste, ease of preparation, and overall appeal. The submissions will be tested to ensure that the recipes can be made in a home kitchen.
The top 10 favorite recipes will be highlighted in the cookbook and those winning chefs will receive complimentary GREAT Kitchens gluten-free training by the NFCA. One recipe will be named the top gluten-free recipe and will receive special recognition in all cookbook promotions. Chefs included in the cookbook will receive:
Chefs included in the cookbook will receive:
- Visibility and promotion through all of NFCA's social media channels and other communications outlets
- Press release templates and communications about the cookbook courtesy of the NFCA
- A copy of the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook including their published entry, courtesy of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing
- Assistance by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for chefs planning local book promotional events, including materials and assistance with local/social media
Chefs selected with the top 10 winning recipes will receive the above plus:
- Complimentary GREAT Kitchens program training from the NFCA
- A feature profile distributed through NFCA's e-newsletter and online publication, Celiac in the News, and via all NFCA social media
The Chef selected with the best overall gluten-free recipe will receive the above plus:
- Five copies of the cookbook, provided by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Special feature and recognition in the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook promotions
"The demand for gluten-free dishes has sparked the creativity of American chefs," says Alice Bast, president of NFCA. "Through this cookbook, we hope to connect with chefs regarding incorporating gluten-free items into their own restaurant menus, as well as provide the general public with an easy-to-use cookbook that guides them through preparing gluten-free meals for family members with dietary restrictions."
Professional chefs can submit qualifying recipes to www.GREATChefsChallenge.com by May 30, 2014 for consideration from NFCA's panel of judges.
About the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
Through empowerment, education, advocacy and advancing research, the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) drives diagnoses of celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders and improves the quality of life for those on a lifelong gluten-free diet. NFCA owns and operates GREAT Kitchens™, a web-based gluten-free training program for foodservice professionals. Learn more at www.CeliacCentral.org or www.CeliacCentral.org/GREAT.
SOURCE National Foundation for Celiac Awareness