The event included a full program of panels with prestigious speakers, presentations from innovative Latin American companies, a lively exhibition, and participants could schedule 30-minute meetings using partneringONE® software. These afforded participants the opportunity to network and create connections for collaboration in the different fields they represent.
"Biolatam gives us the opportunity to open our doors to the Latin American community. Science in Puerto Rico is key for its development and economic growth. The island has rich biodiversity and its geographical position together with the available incentives is a great place for companies to expand. When companies see Puerto Rico as a possibility for expansion, it spurs growth and continues our science sector on a promising path," said Lucy Crespo, CEO of the Puerto Rico Science, Technology and Research Trust.
"This year's event was successful in bringing together biopharma leaders from around the world to Puerto Rico in search of opportunities to expand their businesses in Latin America. The ability to network with so many industry leaders is definitely the key to future business development. Our participants created valuable connections that will continue expanding the success stories we have every year with Biolatam," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group.
Notable speakers at the event included Rolando Castro, CEO, Cognitiva IBM Watson Strategic Partner; Eugenio Torres, Managing Partner, Ferraiuoli LLC; Sebastián Vidal, Executive Director, Parallel18; Carola Schropp, Managing Director, Hayim Group; Maroun Khoury, Chief Scientific Officer, Cells for Cells; and Morrie Ruffin, Managing Partner, Adjuvant Partners and Managing Director, Alliance for Regenerative Medicine.
Follow Biolatam on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag #Biolatam) or on Facebook.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success. EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs
- Cell & Gene Exchange, a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year. Tune into EBD Group's Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/puerto-rico-unites-the-latin-american-scientific-community-at-biolatam-2016-300370917.html
SOURCE EBD Group