Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc. Debuts New Products and All-natural Principles at 2011 Natural Products Expo East Natural Food Industry Leader Inspires People to Embrace Healthy Living Through Wholesome Food Products and Transparent Labeling
FULLERTON, Calif., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc., makers of Monterey Gourmet Foods and Wildwood brands, today unveiled a variety of new all-natural pastas and organic salsas at the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, MD, along with an aggressive corporate commitment to eight all-natural principles.
To articulate the company's 30-plus year commitment to all-natural and organic foods and to ensure the highest standard of safety and nutritional quality for its products, Pulmuone Foods USA and its affiliated food companies are committed to the mission to "provide foods that we feel great about feeding to our own children." Its mission is to adhere to the following All Natural Principles in order to ensure the highest quality of its products:
- We do not use artificial preservatives.
- We do not use artificial chemically manufactured additives.
- We do not use artificial coloring, flavoring(s), sweetener (s) and/or synthetic substances.
- We do not use monosodium glutamate (MSG).
- We do not use hydrogenated oil.
- We do not use irradiated ingredients.
- We are dedicated in selecting dairy/meat ingredients that are not from cows treated with recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST), recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), or antibiotics.
- We will adhere to the provisions laid out by the Non-GMO Project Verification Program and will maintain that criteria.
"Going forward, all of our products will be screened against all eight of the All Natural Principles and we will enforce the same level of scrutiny with our vendors and suppliers," said Young Chul Kang, PhD, chief executive officer and president of Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc. "As a leader in the refrigerated natural food category, we're always looking for ways to demonstrate our commitment to nature, nutrition and high quality ingredients."
"While many companies are just now making strides to use more natural ingredients in their products, Pulmuone has a long legacy of commitment to using the highest quality pure ingredients possible," added Dr. Kang. "We also lead the category in transparent labeling, introducing front-of-pack nutrition labeling in the tofu category several years ago."
The company currently is refreshing its packaging to feature the Nutrition Keys front-of-pack labeling system championed by the Food Marketing Institute and Grocery Manufacturers Association. The purpose of the system is to help busy consumers make informed decisions when they shop. This voluntary packaging change by Pulmuone will be the first in its category and will provide consistent, easy-to-understand nutrition information featuring four basic icons for calories, saturated fat, sodium and sugars.
New Pastas and Salsa Products
The new products debuting at Expo East include Monterey Pastas and Wildwood Organic Salsas:
Monterey Gourmet Foods
- Creamy Ricotta Florentine – this number one selling item is the only Made with Organic spinach pasta on the market. With 60 percent more filling this creamy blend of cheese and spinach offers a wonderful mouth feel in every bite.
- Artichoke & Colby Jack Cheese Ravioli – artichokes and a creamy blend of cheeses wrapped in unbleached egg dough. A unique flavor combination that pairs well with our Basil Cream Sauce with Artichokes.
- Fire Roasted Mushroom & Four Cheese Ravioli – this delicate blend of Crimini mushrooms and four cheeses goes wonderfully with Hearty Garden Marinara. Made with no preservatives.
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Ravioli – organic tomatoes, basil and mozzarella are wrapped in a 100 percent all natural whole wheat dough.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli – rich, creamy flavor of butternut squash blended with parmesan and Ricotta cheeses, then wrapped in delicate egg dough.
- Wildwood Organic Salsa is made with only the freshest, highest quality and 100 percent organic ingredients. This low-calorie, fat free and gluten free product is a great healthy snack option and comes in Mild, Medium and Hot.
To learn more about Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc., visit http://smnr.akamediainc.com/pulmuone-wildwood
About Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc.
In business since 1991, Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc. is committed to providing authentic wholesome foods featuring the highest quality, all-natural ingredients. A leader in refrigerated all-natural food products, the company's portfolio includes the Monterey Gourmet Foods brand, featuring all-natural pastas and sauces, and the Wildwood brand, offering meat alternatives such as tofu, salsas, hummus and dairy alternatives. Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc. is a division of Pulmuone Holdings Co., Ltd., a Korea-based holding company with more than $1.2 billion in annual sales. In the US, the company has corporate, sales and food science headquarters in Fullerton, California with manufacturing enterprises in California, Iowa and New York. For more information, visit http://smnr.akamediainc.com/pulmuone-wildwood
Nicolette Harrod, Current
SOURCE Pulmuone Foods USA, Inc.