LONDON, Dec. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Purchasing Trends and Intentions for Mining Equipment, Parts and Consumables in Australia, 2016
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- With spending under pressure, Australian respondents expect stability with their expenditure, with just over half predicting similar levels of spending in 2016 as in 2015.
- Some 84% of respondents expect no change in the number of supplier relationships over the next 12 months. For those expecting changes, 12% expect a reduction in the number of suppliers.
- On average, 68% of respondents make final decisions concerning the purchase of a range of equipment and consumables at the mine site.
- Some 62% of respondents indicated they had a preferred global supply agreement for plant, equipment and supplies. Results show that these agreements become less frequent as the size of the mining company decreases.
- 36% of respondents identified that their biggest challenge when sourcing products were factors related to supplier attributes and capabilities, such as availability of parts, logistics and lead times, after-sales servicing and maintenance, and technical support.
- Outright purchasing leads the way and was the most common purchasing method, with 75% of respondents nominating this as their desired purchasing method.
- 40% of respondents nominated 'operation and maintenance' as their favored service contract structure for heavy equipment purchased. 'Maintenance only' and 'lifecycle management' contracts were only chosen by 15% (for both) of the respondents.
- This report provides a detailed analysis of purchasing methods and spending trends for Australian mines across plant and heavy equipment, equipment parts and components, drilling and blasting consumables, maintenance services and IT software, hardware and services.
- Survey respondents came from seven different states and territories, with Western Australia, Queensland and New South Wales accounting for 88% of the respondents. This included four main commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Compare the methods Australian miners use to acquire equipment.
- Plan ahead based on general expectations within the Australian mining industry for future expenditure, and how this varies by segment, such as mine type, commodity, company revenue and state.
- Understand future plans in the Australian mining industry to rationalize or extend their supplier networks.
- Understand where decision making is located, be that at either the mine site or corporate head office.
- Identify the major challenges Australian miners face when sourcing equipment, and incorporate solutions to these in your sales, marketing and product strategies.
- Understand the types of service contract structures Australian miners prefer for their heavy mobile equipment.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3839407/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/purchasing-trends-and-intentions-for-mining-equipment-parts-and-consumables-in-australia-2016-300381421.html