AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- PURELL™ Surface Disinfecting and Sanitizing products are the latest innovation from GOJO, the inventors of PURELL® instant hand sanitizer and the global leader in hand hygiene solutions. The expansion of PURELL™ products into the surface disinfecting and sanitizing category reflect the GOJO commitment to delivering exceptional well-being solutions for people, surfaces and our environment. The PURELL™ brand, trusted by hospitals, schools and restaurants for decades, is introducing its new surface disinfecting and sanitizing sprays into the foodservice, healthcare and professional markets.
"People and businesses want to effectively disinfect and clean their work environments, but with products that are good for them and the planet," said Steve Ashkin, a leader in the Green Cleaning Movement. "With its science-based approach, GOJO changed the way we think about cleaning our hands, and now is revolutionizing the surface spray category with products that offer powerful germ kill for MRSA, the cold and flu virus and norovirus within 30 seconds, a no rinse food contact surface formula in addition to its Design for the Environment Certification."
Out of the 3,000 EPA registered surface disinfectants and sanitizers, less than 100 have the EPA's Category IV lowest toxicity rating, and of those, less than 10 have the EPA's Design for the Environment (DfE) Certification. PURELL™ Surface Disinfecting and Sanitizing products have the fastest overall disinfection times for bacteria and viruses than any other DfE product.
Before launching the PURELL™ Surface Products into the market, the privately held, family-owned company worked closely with scientific and sustainability thought leaders, like Ashkin, as well as customers and key decision makers in the food, healthcare and professional markets to understand the market needs and gain feedback to deliver the right solutions.
"The GOJO Purpose of Saving Lives and Making Life Better Through Well-Being Solutions drives our commitment to offering our customers the best hygiene solutions on the market today," said Jessica McCoy, GOJO vice president and general manager of business development. "Our customers want peace of mind that the hygiene products they use on their hands and surfaces are worry free for them, the environment and do what they are intended to do – kill germs that can make us sick. Our new surface disinfecting and sanitizing sprays work with other PURELL™ products, and using these products throughout the day helps reduce the spread of germs that can cause illness. Our high standards for performance, people and planet are unmatched."
The PURELL™ Foodservice Surface Sanitizer
- Formulated for Food Contact Surfaces: No rinse required on food contact surfaces; NSF certified D2 classification
- Rapid Germ Kill Time: Eliminates Norovirus, Salmonella and E. coli in 30 seconds
- Powerful Peace of Mind: No precautionary statements; no handwashing, gloves or safety glasses required.
- Multi-Surface Performance: Proven across most hard and soft surfaces
- Fragrance –Free – Gives peace of mind for use around patrons with no harsh fumes
The PURELL™ Healthcare Surface Disinfectant
- Rapid Germ Kill Time: 30-second disinfection for MRSA, VRE and Norovirus
- Powerful Peace of Mind: No precautionary statements; no handwashing required
- Easy-To-Use: Patented 1-step disinfectant and cleaner
- Multi-Surface Performance: Proven performance across most hard and soft surfaces
- Fragrance -Free – Gives peace of mind for use around patients with no harsh fumes
PURELL™ Professional Surface Disinfectant for Offices and Schools
- Powerful Peace of Mind: Tough enough to kill 99.99% of germs on surfaces, including the cold and flu virus, yet gentle enough for children's toys
- PURELL TOUCHABLE™ Technology: No rinse required following use on food contact surfaces; no handwashing, gloves or safety glasses required
- Easy-To-Use: Patented 1-step disinfectant and cleaner
- EPA Design for Environment Certified: Fastest overall disinfection times for bacteria and viruses than any other DfE product.
- Fragranced – Light, refreshing citrus fragrance with no harsh fumes
The new PURELL™ Surface Spray products are available through GOJO distribution and online retailers. For where to buy information, go to www.purellsurface.com.
GOJO, the inventors of PURELL® instant hand sanitizer is the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings. The broad GOJO product portfolio includes hand cleaning, handwashing, hand sanitizing, skin care formulas and surface sprays under the GOJO®, PURELL™ and PROVON® brand names. GOJO formulations use the latest advances in the science of skin care and sustainability. GOJO is known for state-of-the-art dispensing technology, engineered with attention to design, sustainability and functionality. GOJO programs promote healthy behaviors for hygiene, skin care and compliance in critical environments. GOJO is a privately held, family-owned corporation headquartered in Akron, Ohio, with operations in the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Japan, Mexico, Canada and Brazil.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Jim Arbogast, Ph.D.: https://profnet.prnewswire.com/Subscriber/ExpertProfile.aspx?ei=112669
David R. Macinga, Ph.D: https://profnet.prnewswire.com/Subscriber/ExpertProfile.aspx?ei=113125
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/purell-brand-extends-portfolio-with-launch-of-purell-surface-disinfecting-and-sanitizing-sprays-300334701.html