Put Some Kick in Your Pick - Wendy's Packs Fresh Flavors Into New $4.99 Combo Menu Options
DUBLIN, Ohio, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Finally – fans of the $5 meal deal can have their pick. Wendy's is giving the standard QSR combo meal a boost by offering peak-season flavor and plenty of choices at a value price of $4.99.*
Lovers of real taste and fresh ingredients who also appreciate value can now go to their neighborhood Wendy's and "Pick 2" by choosing a half-sized version of one of Wendy's four Garden Sensations salads, plus one of seven items from Wendy's menu. With ingredients like sweet cranberries, fresh pico de gallo, shaved Asiago cheese and roasted pecans joining the mouth-watering taste of a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger or Chicken Go Wrap, ordering a delicious meal just got a whole lot easier.
"Since launching our four newly reinvented salads last month, we've seen a significant increase in salads sold, effectively doubling our volume compared to a year ago," said Ken Calwell, chief marketing officer for Wendy's. "We're building on the popularity of our new salads by letting customers 'Pick 2' without compromising on flavor or price. Wendy's is throwing down the gauntlet for the $5 quick service meal."
Pick 2 at Wendy's for $4.99
With Wendy's new offering there are 28 possible combinations in total – almost enough for every day of the month. Customers can suit themselves by picking two ingredients from a long list of options:
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, a perfect mix of peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbles, sweet cranberries and roasted pecans, topped with warm grilled chicken
- Baja Salad, a hearty Southwestern salad that features fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and Wendy's original chili, all topped with a red jalapeno dressing
- Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad, offering hand-chopped Romaine lettuce and sweet grape tomatoes topped with shaved Asiago cheese and warm spicy chicken
- BLT Cobb Salad, which mixes crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon with real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and an avocado ranch dressing
- Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, featuring a hot and juicy beef burger with American cheese and fresh-cooked, thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Wendy's rich and meaty chili
- a Baked Potato (cooked in an oven, not zapped in a microwave)
- One of our grilled or spicy homestyle Chicken Go Wraps
- A refreshing Dasani bottled water, a cool and creamy small Frosty, or any other small-size beverage
Wendy's understands that for many people, a half-size salad is enough to satisfy their appetites and tastebuds. People who crave real ingredients but also want to manage their nutrition needs can pick Wendy's too. Eighteen of the new combinations are less than 600 calories (without dressing), and all of them combine fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy and proteins. To view nutritional information, please visit www.wendys.com.
Wendy's new combination meals are available nationwide at the suggested retail price of $4.99. Half-sized Garden Sensations salads are available at the suggested retail price of $3.99. Prices will vary.
Wendy's International Overview
Wendy's International is one of the world's most successful restaurant operating and franchising companies with more than 6,600 restaurants worldwide. Wendy's is a subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc (NYSE: WEN). More information is available at www.wendys.com or www.wendysarbys.com.
*At participating locations
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.