Putting A Ring On It? David's Bridal "What's on Brides' Minds" Survey Provides Insight on Popping the Question
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Need some helpful hints before popping the question? Leading into National Proposal Day on March 20th, a holiday created for couples to express their thoughts on love, marriage and proposals before getting hitched, David's Bridal is uncovering what women really think when their significant other gets down on bended knee. In the bridal and special occasion authority's 8th annual "What's On Brides' Minds" survey of newly engaged and married women, ladies express their true feelings about saying "yes."
"It's exciting for us as a brand to find out what our brides think about their journey to the altar," said Brian Beitler, Chief Marketing Officer at David's Bridal. "Our 'What's On Brides' Minds' survey data provides some really fun insight into how women feel about all things love and marriage - from their proposal experience to who their dream husband would be."
See below for some interesting tidbits about the state of engagements from the David's Bridal "What's On Brides' Minds" survey:
She Saw it Coming!
Turns out, most women might not be that shocked when their significant other gets down on one knee.
- When asked about their engagement experience, a majority of respondents (57 percent) said they knew it was coming, while 43 percent said they were surprised by the proposal. Congrats to the men that kept it a secret!
Creating the perfect proposal setup is no easy task; that's why most women wish they could change at least one little detail about their big moment. Guys, take note (and ask questions) before popping THE question!
- When asked if they would change something about their proposal, most women (53 percent) said they would!
- Top areas for improvement, according to respondents:
- 22 percent would change the location
- 20 percent wished the proposal speech was different
- 14 percent would change something about their engagement ring
- 14 percent would have preferred that different people were present for their proposal
- 10 percent wanted to alter the date of the engagement
- 3 percent would change something other than the above
Say "Yes" to Usernames
Some women are taking their future hubby's last name BEFORE he pops the question…in cyberspace that is!
- 1 in 5 women surveyed said they reserved Internet usernames with their new married name before they were actually engaged! Plus, another 25 percent seriously considered it. Talk about planning ahead!
Hollywood Husband Material
Women often pine for the fictional stars of popular movies and literary love stories. So which leading male characters do ladies desire to say "yes" to?
- With 40 percent of the vote, ladies most want to say "I Do" to Ryan Gosling's romantic "The Notebook" character, Noah Calhoun.
- Leonardo DiCaprio's swoon-worthy Jack Dawson of "Titanic" takes the silver medal with 30 percent of votes.
- Rounding out the "most wanted" husband list, the adventurous Christian Grey of "Fifty Shades of Grey" fame received 17 percent of the vote, and sweet and sensitive tribute Peeta Mellark from the popular "Hunger Games" trilogy received 13 percent of the vote!
For more information on David's Bridal and the brand's wedding resources, visit www.davidsbridal.com.
About David's Bridal:
With more than 60 years of experience dressing women of all ages for life's special occasions, David's Bridal understands the importance of providing brides-to-be with a vast selection of exquisitely crafted bridal gowns and bridal party dresses. Known for outstanding value, fashionable designs and the ease of one-stop shopping, nearly 60% of all brides in the US choose to shop at one of more than 300 David's Bridal stores located across the US, Canada, UK and Puerto Rico. Working with a knowledgeable bridal consultant, a customer can enjoy trying on a wide selection of gowns and dresses in her size with the added convenience that most styles are available to take home the same day. To learn more about David's Bridal, visit www.davidsbridal.com.
SOURCE David's Bridal