PwC Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Consulting Services
Report highlights PwC's ability to provide deep business problem-solving skills, mobility and technology expertise, and practical insights from real-world experience
NEW YORK, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PwC US today announced it has been named a Leader in Enterprise Mobility Consulting Services according to the analyst firm's recently published report, "IDC MarketScape: Enterprise Mobility Consulting 2013 Vendor Analysis."
"Mobile technology is continuously reshaping business models. We see this as an opportunity for organizations to start building a connected experience and engage with their customers and employees in new and much more personal ways," said Scott Hefter, PwC's Management Consulting leader in the firm's U.S. Advisory practice. "Through the consumerization of IT and BYOD, there is growing pressure for organizations to enable instantaneous contact, collaboration, and feedback with stakeholders. We believe this recognition as a leader in enterprise mobility consulting reflects our focus on helping clients close the gap between ideas and results to achieve technology-enabled business transformation, from strategy through execution."
The IDC MarketScape represents a vendor assessment of the 2013 enterprise mobility (EM) consulting service providers through the IDC MarketScape model. The assessment discusses both quantitative and qualitative characteristics that define success in today's enterprise mobility consulting market. According to the IDC MarketScape, PwC is a Leader in enterprise mobility for the following reasons:
- "PwC offers deep business problem-solving skills, mobility and technology expertise, nearshore and offshore development capabilities, and practical insights from real-world experience."
- "PwC focuses on addressing overarching business needs in designing and implementing mobile strategies and solutions. By focusing on customer experience strategy and expectations, the PwC team iteratively designs and develops the most suitable user interactions that scale across devices and locales, supporting personalization and customization. Behavioral economics is employed and user feedback is obtained at various stages during the life cycle — the approach is goal driven and customer centric at the core."
- "PwC's mobility resources are concentrated in the company's Advisory Services Group, with team members who have extensive experience in enterprise mobility (workforce enablement to customer interaction), social mobility solutions and mobility strategy, innovation, research, delivery, architecture, mobile security and "white hat" assessment, risk assessment, regulatory and privacy compliance, social media, program management, and application development."
- "PwC is playing a key role in creating new, transformational opportunities that are enhancing its clients' business models — 33% of the firm's mobility revenue is specific to defining mobility strategy for clients."
- "PwC has delivered mobile solutions globally across 19 different industries, executed more than 240 mobility projects for over 160 clients, and published 25 major points of view on mobility."
IDC's evaluation is based on a comprehensive framework and set of parameters expected to be conducive to success in providing business consulting services during both the short and long term. A significant and unique component of this evaluation is the inclusion of the perception of business consulting buyers of both the key characteristic and the capabilities of the consulting providers.
"From customer engagement to employee engagement, we are committed to helping clients to deliver a true enterprise mobility experience end to end from strategy through execution," said Tom DeGarmo, Global and U.S. Technology Consulting leader, PwC. "We believe this recognition by IDC highlights our unique understanding that true enterprise mobility means achieving workforce enablement through to customer interaction."
For more information, visit: http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/consulting-services/IDC-report/mobility-market-scape-2013.jhtml
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Consulting 2013 Vendor Analysis- April 2013 (IDC #240825)
About PwC's Advisory Practice
PwC's Advisory professionals help organizations improve business performance, respond quickly and effectively to crisis, and extract value from transactions. We understand our clients' industries and unique business challenges, and look across the entire organization — focusing on strategy, structure, people, process and technology — to help clients build their next competitive advantage. See www.pwc.com/us/consulting for more information or follow us @PwCAdvisory.
About PwC US
PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a member of the PwC network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people. We're committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/US.
© 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
SOURCE PwC US
More by this Source
PwC's Q4 IPO Watch Finds 2013 IPO Volume Hits Highest Level in Six Years
Dec 19, 2013, 09:00 ET
PwC Milwaukee Donates $25,000 to Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
Dec 19, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.