QED Connect, Inc. Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Oil & Gas Company with Rosdanex Limited
MANCHESTER, N.H., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- QED Connect, Inc. ("QED") (OTC Pink Sheets: QEDN) today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Kuma Oil which owns oil and gas rights in the Russian territory of Perm Krai.
Kuma's oil reserves were qualified in a study by Miller Lents, a Houston-based petroleum consulting firm and subsequently verified to have 105,000,000 barrels of proven and probable reserves. Fully developed, these reserves have an estimated Net Asset Value (NAV) of approximately $525 million from the combination of Proven and Proven Undeveloped Reserves.
The Russia-based group ("Kumskaya Group") companies have assets consisting of oil & gas concessions to explore develop produce/extract and undertake extensive exploration and geological work to existing and new oil fields. Kuma Oil is the licensed mineral developer and its affiliate, NMSS, is one of the largest regional, Russian oil field services providers based in Western Siberia. There are two fields that have been explored and mapped with production plans in place with the initial field of 9 wells that will begin production over next 9 months.
Mr. Konstantih Mikhaylichenko, Executive Officer of Rosdanex Limited commented, "We are looking forward to working with the QED Connect organization to provide the resources to implement our business plan over the next five years. With this added support, we will be well positioned to develop the reserves and realize their full potential."
Mr. Tom Makmann, CEO of QED Connect, commented, "QED is in the process of implementing its strategy of developing a portfolio of natural resource companies and Kuma is our second oil and gas company that we have acquired over the last few months. The Company believes that this marketplace has good growth potential and can offer our shareholders added value in 2013."
The closing date of the Kuma acquisition is within 60 days pending final due diligence, approval of any regulatory agencies, and approval of each company's respective board of directors.
About QED Connect
QED focuses on businesses that are producing revenue and are seeking capital and/or management assistance to execute their business plan. QED looks for companies that are synergistic and/or offer the opportunity to develop a business in a market that has growth potential. QED Connect's current investments and joint ventures include:
- Sofame Energy, Inc., a joint venture with Sofame Technologies, has sold the custom-designed "Hybrid Percomtherm®" boiler which recovers boiler flue gas heat from existing boilers and recycles the heat, thereby leading to overall energy efficiency.
- StockProfile.com, a customized platform showcasing emerging growth stocks to independent investors. In June 2011, QED Connect purchased 100% of the assets of StockProfile.com.
- Terra Resources, through its subsidiary company NV Alliance, has oil and gas rights in the Republic of Kalmykia, a subject of the Russian Federation. In August 2012, QED signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire Terra Resources, LLC.
- Kyrzyg Alumina owns mines containing the raw material necessary to produce alumina (aluminum oxide) in the Kyrgyzstan region. In August 2012, QED signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire Kyrzyg Alumina.
- AFON 2010 Ltd. is Ukraine-based oil and gas company with concessions to oil and gas leases in in the South Terenyans'ka area in the Nadvirnyans'ky district of Ivano-Frankivs'k region 5 km northeast from the village of Kosmach. In October 2012 QED signed a definitive agreement to acquire AFON 2010, and is now completing due diligence in preparation for closing.
As a result of its continued success in the mergers and acquisitions arena, QED is considering becoming a "business development company" as defined under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements in this press release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "future," "may," "will," "would," "should," "plan," "projected," "intend," and similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of QED to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. QED's future operating results are dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to the Company's ability to: (i) obtain sufficient capital or a strategic business arrangement to fund its expansion plans; (ii) build the management infrastructure necessary to support the growth of its business; (iii) close the above acquisitions; (iv) competitive factors and developments beyond the Company's control; and (v) other risk factors.
For further information regarding QED's acquisition of Yellow7 stock, see the Form 8-K filed by Yellow7 with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For More Information Contact - email@example.com Tom Makmann (603) 425-8933
SOURCE QED Connect, Inc.