HOUSTON, July 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Quaker State® will return to the newly repaved track at Kentucky Speedway for the Quaker State 400 presented by Advance Auto Parts. The revamped racing surface and the increased degree of banking in Turns 1 and 2 will make for an especially fast and competitive race. The annual Sprint Cup Series race will anchor a NASCAR tripleheader weekend ending with the main event at the 1.5 mile, tri-oval race on Saturday, July 9th. The race will be broadcast live at 7:30 p.m. EST on NBC Sports Network.
"It's hard to believe that the Quaker State 400 is already in its sixth year as a regularly scheduled race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. In 2016, in addition to a newly renovated track, we'll continue to engage fans with unique race-day experiences," said Doug Kooyman, Global Brand Manager, Quaker State. "For one day each year, Quaker State celebrates with race fans by painting the Bluegrass State green. As we like to say about Kentucky Speedway, the walls are just as green on each side!"
Race Fan Experiences:
- Fans attending the race will receive a Quaker State-green rally towel as they enter the gates. Race-goers will be encouraged to show their support for their favorite drivers by waving their towel from the time they approach the starting line until they take the checkered flag.
- The Quaker State display area will feature an oil change demonstration done on the Tommy Pike Customs 2015 Mustang GT and a game with opportunities to win prizes. Visitors to the tent can also engage with Advance Auto Parts, Tommy Pike Customs™ and Fishing League Worldwide Quaker State Anglers - Jimmy Houston, Scott Canterbury and Matt Arey. Throughout the race weekend, fans can enter giveaways to win prizes such as the Jimmy Houston 50th Anniversary-inspired 2015 RAM 1500 pickup truck designed and built by Tommy Pike and his team at Tommy Pike Customs or a Quaker State inspired Orion cooler.
- Fans can capture memories from the race by taking selfies and sharing with friends at the Quaker State 400 photo area.
Quaker State 'VIPs':
- The Advance Auto Parts Rev It Up! RV Tour is headed back to Sparta and fans will have the opportunity to meet Sprint Cup driver Regan Smith, as well as receive prizes such as branded merchandise, win gift cards and play the exclusive Rev It Up! digital game at the RV display area. They will also have a chance to meet Advance's mascot, Tuxlee, with a growing Instagram following (Instagram.com/tuxleeontour). Visitors can also sign up for Advance's Speed Perks loyalty program at the RV site or visit advanceautoparts.com.
- Tommy Pike Customs™ will return to Kentucky for a third year with Quaker State and supercharge the area with the 2016 Maserati Ghibli S Quaker State/Tommy Pike Customs' show car, 2015 Ford Mustang GT and 1969 F-100 "Quaker State Truck." Tommy will be "revving up" the event with his 450-500 horsepower engine stand display powered by Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic motor oil. Fans also have the opportunity to talk to Tommy Pike about his passion for developing and customizing vehicles and why he chooses Quaker State.
- Fishing League Worldwide pro-anglers Jimmy Houston, Matt Arey and Scott Canterbury will set out to the Quaker State casting pond for interactive fishing clinics with fans. Each angler will be available to sign autographs and take fan questions.
- Advance Auto Parts Speed Perks Members will have an exclusive opportunity for VIP treatment through an autograph session with Regan Smith, Fishing League Worldwide pro-anglers, Tommy Pike and more! Visit SpeedPerks.com to learn more or to sign up for this cost-saving loyalty program.
With the Quaker State 400 rolling back into town, the Kentucky Speedway track renovation project will be in the national spotlight. In addition to increased banking in Turns 1 and 2, the comprehensive project is highlighted by drainage improvements and an additional Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barrier.
Advance Auto Parts President, George Sherman, will start the race as the Grand Marshal. "We're thrilled to be the presenting sponsor of the Quaker State 400 for the fourth year now and look forward to watching the battle on the fresh asphalt from under the lights," said Sherman. "We'll be waving our Quaker State rally towels proudly as Regan Smith and the No. 7 Tommy Baldwin Racing Chevrolet approach the starting line carrying the Advance Auto Parts colors."
Thanks to Quaker State and Advance Auto Parts, race fans can enjoy the hard fought battle from the stands at a great savings. Fans can purchase two $89 Quaker State 400 race tickets for only $100, a savings of $78: http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/aap/.
Quaker State makes it its mission to provide motorists with products that offer the value that they desire and expect. To stay up-to-date on the latest Quaker State activities, be sure to 'Like' the official Quaker State Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/quakerstate) and follow Quaker State on Twitter (https://twitter.com/quakerstate).
About Quaker State®
Quaker State® motor oil has an 80-year history as a leader in consumer automotive products and vehicle care. Quaker State is among the industry's most innovative motor oil brands and offers a full line of products to meet every type of vehicle engine need. Quaker State is one of the first brands to develop high mileage engine motor oil.
For more information about the full line of Quaker State products, visit www.quakerstate.com.
About Shell Lubricants
The term 'Shell Lubricants' collectively refers to the companies of Royal Dutch Shell plc that are engaged in the lubricants business. Shell Lubricants companies lead the lubricants industry, supplying more than 12 percent of global lubricants volume.* The companies manufacture and blend products for use in consumer, heavy industrial and commercial transport applications. The Shell Lubricants portfolio of top-quality brands includes Pennzoil®, Quaker State®, FormulaShell®, Shell TELLUS®, Shell RIMULA®, Shell ROTELLA® T, Shell SPIRAX® and Jiffy Lube®.
*Kline & Company, "Global Lubricants Industry July 2015: Market Analysis and Assessment.
About Advance Auto Parts
Advance Auto Parts, Inc., a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. As of April 23, 2016 Advance operated 5,086 stores and 125 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned Carquest branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 74,000 Team Members. Additional information about the Company, employment opportunities, customer services, and on-line shopping for parts, accessories and other offerings can be found on the Company's website at www.AdvanceAutoParts.com.
About Tommy Pike Customs
Tommy Pike Customs™ has been a leader in the automotive customization industry for more than fifteen years. Located in Greenville, South Carolina, Tommy Pike Customs is truly a one-stop shop for all things automotive. Specializing in modern muscle, performance and cutting edge customization, Tommy Pike and his "TPCCrew" can assist customers with any level custom project.
About Fishing League Worldwide
FLW is the world's largest tournament-fishing organization, providing anglers of all skill levels the opportunity to compete for millions in prize money in 2016 across five tournament circuits. Headquartered in Benton, Kentucky, with offices in Minneapolis, FLW conducts more than 235 bass-fishing tournaments annually across the United States and sanctions tournaments in Canada, China, Mexico and South Korea. FLW tournament fishing can be seen on the Emmy-nominated "FLW" television show, broadcast to more than 564 million households worldwide, while FLW Bass Fishing magazine delivers cutting-edge tips from top pros. For more information visit FLWFishing.com and follow FLW at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Periscope: @FLWFishing.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quaker-state-returns-to-the-bluegrass-state-for-6th-annual-sprint-cup-series-race-300294028.html
SOURCE Quaker State