Quaker Steak & Lube® Awards JDK Management Co. As 2013 Franchisee Of The Year
-21 Additional Awards Given at Annual Quaker Steak & Lube® Franchise Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla.-
SHARON, Pa., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Award-Winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube®, known for its Best Wings USA and more than 25 sauces, awarded JDK Management Co. with the coveted 2013 Franchisee of the Year Award at their annual franchise conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla. earlier this month. Led by Russ Berner and his partners, JDK Management Co. owns and operates 11 Quaker Steak & Lube® restaurants. The Franchisee of the Year award recognizes a person or company for their continued efforts inspiring other franchisees, being a leader in the Quaker Steak & Lube® system, practicing advanced business ethics, and their loyal commitment to the Quaker Steak & Lube® brand.
"JDK Management Co. continues to be a leader in the Quaker Steak & Lube community," said John Longstreet, president and chief executive officer, Quaker Steak & Lube®. "We couldn't be happier to award this fantastic group with the Franchisee of the Year award!"
21 other awards given to vendors, outstanding restaurants and franchise groups at the Annual Quaker Steak & Lube® Franchise Conference included:
- Lube "Bar" Cation Award: Pinellas Park, Fla.
- Ray Travaglini Award for Community Service: Wisconsin QSL, LLC
- Impact Manager of the Year Award: Russ Custar – Austintown, Ohio
- Food Vendor of the Year Award: Case Farms
- Non-Food Vendor of the Year Award: Cleveland Menu Printing
- Best Creative Marketing Event Award: Pinellas Park, Fla. for the Full Throttle Bike Builder's Invitational
- Brand Excellence Award for Highest Operational Standards:
- Brick, N.J.
- Mentor, Ohio
- Beverage Vendor of the Year Award: PepsiCo
- Overall Vendor of the Year Award: Reinhart FoodService
- Most Improved Restaurant of the Year Award: Council Bluffs, Iowa
- New Restaurant of the Year Award: Janesville, Wis.
- Cleanliness Award: Canton, Ohio
- Best Guest Service Award: Colerain, Ohio
- Best Food Award: Florence, Ky.
- Best Pick-Up Wingo Window of the Year: Valley View, Ohio
- Non-Traditional Location Award: Kent State University
- Special Recognition Awards:
- Debbie Fuller – Festival Favorite at National Buffalo Wing Festival
- Brick, N.J. – Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts
- Unique Marketing Event of the Year Award: Canton, Ohio for the 4th Annual St. Baldrick's Event
- Local Store Marketing Program of the Year Award: Charleston, W. Va.
- Best Local Social Media Promotion: Florence, Ky.
- Overall Satisfaction: Brick, N.J.
This year's conference had its highest attendance yet, and the awards ceremony was attended by nearly 300 people including 17 franchise owners, 55 general managers from corporate and franchise locations, 16 franchise representatives and 139 additional representatives from different companies.
The compelling decor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and gas station memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and SuperCharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube® for more than 39 years. The company has more than 60 locations across 20 states and Canada.
Most recently, Quaker Steak & Lube® was awarded the festival favorite for the second straight year at the National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, N.Y, winning the last three out of four. In addition, it was also recognized for its Triple Atomic wing sauce, winning first place in the Traditional Extra-Hot sauce category.
For more information, visit www.QuakerSteakAndLube.com. Follow The Lube® on Twitter at @TheOfficialQSL and on Facebook at The Official Quaker Steak & Lube. Join Lube Nation today by signing up for our E-mail club at http://thelube.com/qsl/email_club.html.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®:
Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., Quaker Steak & Lube® has expanded to more than 60 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The unique decor, including gas station memorabilia, classic cars, motorcycles, race cars and corvettes suspended from the ceilings combined with the crave-able food and high-octane events has afforded The Lube® a cult-like fan following. Today, Quaker Steak & Lube® has become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country, and has won hundreds of national and international awards for its wings and more than 25 different wing sauces.
SOURCE Quaker Steak & Lube
More by this Source
Quaker Steak & Lube® Names Interim Chief Executive Officer
Jan 13, 2014, 17:22 ET
Award-Winning Quaker Steak & Lube® Unveils New Website
Dec 19, 2013, 09:24 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.