QualiSystems TestShell Enterprise Software Framework Surpasses Five-Million Managed Devices Growing at 50 percent per year, industry-leading test and lab automation provider's solutions are installed in over 100 testing centers globally
SANTA CLARA, California, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
QualiSystems today announced that its TestShell Framework now manages more than five-million devices worldwide in the testing labs of network equipment manufacturers (NEMs), storage manufacturers, telecom operators, data center providers, Fortune 500 enterprises and electronics device manufacturers, making QualiSystems the undisputed leader in test and lab automation. QualiSystems meets the scalability needs of large-scale test labs with hundreds of testers, millions of test scenarios, and tens of millions of dollars of equipment, capable of 300 simultaneous testing topology reservations.
TestShell enables test engineers to inventory, control, schedule and provision all network, storage, and computing elements in complex test lab environments. By automating the sharing of costly equipment resources, TestShell dramatically increases device utilization and testing productivity, leading to significant CAPEX savings and enabling faster time to application, product and service launch.
Key Facts about TestShell:
- Installed in over 100 test labs worldwide, managing nearly $1 billion in lab equipment
- Deployed at a who's who of industry leaders including:
- Five of seven Fortune 500 telecom operators
- Four of nine semiconductor Fortune 500 companies
- Two of the top three global PC manufacturer market-share leaders
- Three of the top five service provider router and switch market-share leaders
- Used as a critical business system in test lab organizations, environments and scenarios including::
- Unit and integration test labs
- Technical Assistance Center (TAC) labs
- Proof of Concept (PoC) labs
- Outsourced custom solution test labs
- Consolidated and federated test labs
- Collaborative testing between manufacturer and client labs
- Lab as a Service (LaaS) with fee-based client access to cloud testing resources
"Through test automation, labs can cut opex and enable engineers to complete more tests in less time thereby reducing time to market," said Olga Yashkova-Shapiro, Program Manager-North America Communications Test & Measurement Practice from Frost and Sullivan. Fortunately, end users are increasingly realizing the benefits of automation which expands market opportunities for QualiSystems."
"Although critical to application, service and product rollout cycles to assure quality, testing is often considered merely an expense or even a burden," said Alex Henthorn-Iwane, vice-president of Marketing at QualiSystems. "QualiSystems is pleased to be changing this perception as lab and test automation adoption moves from early adopter to mainstream as evident by our phenomenal growth. We are pleased to partner with leading global companies to aid them in increasing the return on investment of their significant lab investments. The final result is faster time to market, higher competitiveness, and evolving the lab from expense to profitable business center."
QualiSystems is a leading provider of enterprise software solutions for test and lab automation, driving innovation, efficiency and ROI. QualiSystems' TestShell Framework has already proven as an industry-critical solution in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East, where it is used by market leaders from a wide spectrum of industries including network equipment manufacturers, telecom operators, data center providers, enterprises and electronics device manufacturers. http://www.qualisystems.com
Vantage Communications for QualiSystems