According to the economic impact report America's Beer Distributors: Fueling Jobs, Generating Economic Growth & Delivering Value to Local Communities, more than 3,000 beer distribution facilities directly employ 135,000 men and women in communities across the country.
The report, produced by Dr. Bill Latham and Dr. Ken Lewis of the Center for Applied Business & Economic Research at the University of Delaware, provides a comprehensive look at beer distribution companies' total impact on national and state economies. In addition to the impact of distributor operations, the report accounts for resources contributed by beer distributors in supporting community events and local economic development, contributing to charitable causes and promoting responsible alcohol use.
Key findings include:
- Pennsylvania wholesale beer distribution facilities directly employ 4,815 people, who earn $415.9 million in wages and salaries.
- Pennsylvania wholesale beer distributors add $2.6 billion to the nation's gross domestic product.
- Pennsylvania wholesale beer distributor activities generate $6.6 million in economic impacts to communities through support of charities, local events and economic development.
- Pennsylvania wholesale beer distributor activities contribute $479.7 million to the federal, state and local tax bases. This does not include an added $571 million in federal, state and local alcohol excise and consumption taxes on beer sold in Pennsylvania.
- The Pennsylvania wholesale beer distribution industry contributes more than $291 million in transportation efficiencies for the beer industry each year.
Purser added, "Independent beer distributors provide significant economic benefits in their communities through local business-to-business commerce; investments in infrastructure and capital assets; and tax revenue. Beer distributors provide services that help brewers of all sizes grow; improve efficiency for trading partners, especially small brewers and retailers; and ensure consumers have a broad selection of products to enjoy."
To view the full report, visit www.nbwa.org/resources/economic-impact.
The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) represents the interests of America's more than 3,000 licensed, independent beer distributor operations across the country. To learn more, visit www.AmericasBeerDistributors.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160830/402674LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quality-jobs-in-pennsylvanias-wholesale-beer-distribution-industry-highlighted-this-labor-day-300320304.html
SOURCE National Beer Wholesalers Association