Quantum3D Debuts New Line of Next-Generation Thermite Rugged Embedded Computers New Thermite XVG 4000 and Thermite TL 2000 Set New Standards for Customization and Flexibility in Field-Deployed Ruggedized Computing
WASHINGTON, Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AUVSI, Booth #3109 -- Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of visual computing solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced two new additions to its award-winning Thermite® family of embedded computers, the Thermite XVG 4000 and Thermite TL 2000. Poised to set new industry standards for performance in field-deployed computing, the new Thermite XVG 4000 offers state-of-the-art processing and performance and the Thermite TL 2000 breaks mobility and power efficiency barriers to meet the computing and operation needs of demanding military and aerospace environments.
"The new Thermite products offer new levels of performance benchmarks to meet extreme computing needs," said Arthur Yan, president, Quantum3D. "The Thermite TL 2000 offers small size and power efficiency, while the Thermite XVG 4000 offers the ultimate in high-performance processing power to accommodate a range of field-deployed computing needs. In addition, both form-factors are designed to endure some of the most severe environmental and temperature conditions, from extreme weather to vibrations and shock."
More About the Thermite XVG 4000
Bringing the power of graphics workstations to the battlefield, the Thermite XVG 4000 offers state-of-the-art graphics and processing technology for applications ranging from real-time sensor signal processing to situational awareness. The Thermite XVG 4000 is the most powerful fan-less, graphics-based, rugged computer available, and features a modular design that allows the system to be optimized to meet specific project requirements, including tailoring of the CPU, GPU, video processing, networking, I/O, and storage features, using Commercial-Off-the-Shelf modules.
The Thermite XVG 4000 offers a range of features and benefits for vehicle-based deployment or field-based missions, including:
- Leading Performance: Intel® Core™ i7-610E 2.53 GHz with Turbo Boost to 3.2 GHz (Dual Core) and other CPU options, with up to 8 GB system memory
- State-of-the-Art Graphics: Intel for 2D processing, CUDA-capable NVIDIA® FX880M for mid-range workstation performance, or NVIDIA FX2800M for high-end performance
- Video Capture: Quantum3D's advanced PCIe-based video capture and processing options for real-time video capture
- Connectivity Flexibility: Four USB ports, four serial ports, two gigabit Ethernet ports, audio and video I/O, expandable via PCI-104 Express and MiniPCIe slots; MIL-STD 1553 optional
More About the Thermite TL 2000
Thermite TL 2000 rounds out Quantum3D's line of rugged Thermite family as the lightest and smallest embedded system. The Thermite TL 2000 offers lower power consumption for a range of markets, including man-wearable applications, robotics, real-time signal processing applications like GPS and radar, as well as embedded sensor signal processing applications such as LIDAR/LADAR.
The Thermite TL 2000 offers a range of features and benefits for applications requiring low power consumption in a rugged form factor, including:
- Military Connectors: Mil-Spec connectors for rugged reliable connection
- Video Outputs: Supports LVDS and VGA
- Standard Computing Platform: 100 percent PC-compatible
- Performance: Intel E6XX CPU 1.6GHz, with up to 2 GB system memory and 128 GB storage
- Integrated Graphics: Intel GMA600 Integrated Graphics
The new Thermite embedded solutions will be on display in Quantum3D's booth #3109 at AUVSI. More information is also available online at Quantum3D's website.
Quantum3D, Inc. is a leading developer and manufacturer of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), open-architecture, real-time visual computing solutions. Quantum3D combines the most advanced hardware and software systems for graphics simulation in a variety of markets and implementations—image generation; tactical computing for avionics; vehicle and man-wearable applications; synthetic environments; graphics subsystems; and other COTS solutions. Quantum3D is a privately-held company headquartered in San Jose, California.
For more information about Quantum3D real-time visual computing solutions, please visit www.quantum3d.com.
Quantum3D and the Quantum3D logo are registered trademarks or registered trademarks of Quantum3D. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Quantum3D, Inc.