NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The main soft drinks industry focus remained on sugar reduction over the quarter. Soft drinks achieved a fractional advance, primarily thanks to packaged water which continued to outperform most other categories by a large margin. ACB volumes remained flat overall despite minor gains by a number of individual categories and double digit growth from GNRS and fermented milk. Despite the crushing effect of the war against sugar, carbonates is still the largest soft drinks category in the UK. There has been very little change in its importance over the past five years despite the shifting fortunes of the category itself. An improvement in consumer confidence, as worries over Brexit subsided, plus the feel good effect from UK's late tropical temperatures failed to lift beverage sales by any major degree.
- For the flavored water category, combined volumes were up for the quarter with still products outperforming carbonated drinks.
- Discounters and smoothies outperformed the category as a whole whilst chilled juice saw some success via multi-pack activity.
- The Packaged Water category profited both from the weather and the sugar debate with still waters gaining the biggest increase.
- Sports drinks are being replaced by sports confectionary (choc bars, flapjacks) plus capsules/tablets and shakes/smoothies which are growing in importance in the shoppers repertoire.
Canadean's United Kingdom Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United Kingdom beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United Kingdom to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04442482-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quarterly-beverage-tracker---third-quarter-2016-united-kingdom-300380368.html