LONDON, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Easter fell in Q1 this year and was expected to boost consumption, however it was not a notable increase as was expected. The exit of the United Kingdom from the EU has cast a shadow of uncertainty over the region as a whole and a vote to leave will bring some short term turbulence. Alcoholic drinks saw a marginal decline as cooler weather over winter discouraged consumption on-premise.
- Health and wellness shaped many categories across the region.
- Juice, nectars and still drinks all saw a decline as consumers watch their sugar intake or brought less but of a higher quality.
- Enhanced water was the star performer, especially in the UK where a high growth was seen.
- Sports drinks are expected to see growth due to the Rio Olympics and UEFA Football Championships.
Canadean's West Europe Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our annual Q1 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks with local provenance
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the West Europe beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in West Europe to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3942540/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quarterly-beverage-tracker-first-quarter-2016-west-europe-comprehensive-quarterly-analysis-of-year-on-year-performance-for-all-commercial-beverages-300295057.html