NEW YORK, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Quarterly Beverage Tracker Fourth Quarter 2016: United Kingdom
2016 was the hottest year ever recorded with a new record set for the third year in a row. Reformulation continues within soft drinks. Packaged water, mixers and low calorie colas are the star performers in Q4-16. Overall alcoholic drinks ended 2016 in a slight decrease. Consumption of dairy drinks ended 2016 relatively flat. Hot tea volumes declined in Q4-16. On the other hand, hot coffee experienced growth in consumption.
GlobalData's UK Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering -
- Top line consumption volumes for Q4-2016 vs Q4-2015, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2016 vs Q4-2015, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q4 special focus update on the latest trends in functional and flavored waters
- Packaged water was once again, one of the strongest growing categories in overall soft drinks in Q4-16.
- Growth in the carbonates category has been driven by the heavy promotion of low calorie colas.
- Many consumers opt for flavored water as it is often perceived as being a healthier alternative to other beverages.
- Still drinks remains under pressure from the 'war on sugar' with many people migrating to other categories.
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United Kingdom beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United Kingdom to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04773785-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quarterly-beverage-tracker-fourth-quarter-2016-united-kingdom-300426360.html