DETROIT, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Here's what we were thinking: what if we did for mortgages what the internet did for buying music, plane tickets and shoes?" That's the opening line of the first-ever Super Bowl Commercial from Detroit-based Quicken Loans, the nation's second largest retail and largest online mortgage lender. The 60-second TV spot showcases Rocket Mortgage, the first end-to-end completely consumer-driven online and on-demand mortgage experience, and how it will positively impact America.
The commercial muses: If this new mortgage experience from Quicken Loans can turn an intimidating process into something less daunting, more people will buy houses. If more people buy houses, they will need kitchen gadgets, appliances and furniture for their house. We will then need more people to make those amenities. With more craftsmen employed, they will also buy houses... and so on. It all starts with a website that simplifies home financing.
"There's no better place to communicate how Rocket Mortgage will help Americans reach their homeownership goals, and in turn impact the entire economy, than during America's favorite game," said Jay Farner, President and Chief Marketing Officer for Quicken Loans. "It's always been our mission to help Americans buy the home of their dreams utilizing the easiest mortgage process possible. Quicken Loans' Rocket Mortgage technology was developed with that mission in mind."
This spot debuts in the first half of Super Bowl 50 and is the pinnacle of the much discussed "Push Button, Get Mortgage" campaign Quicken Loans launched 30 days ago to introduce America to Rocket Mortgage. Two 30-second spots titled "I'm Listening" and "Mort", along with numerous "FAQ" commercials were rolled out in December and January to raise awareness of Quicken Loans' revolutionary product. The campaign was developed in association with the Minneapolis-based agency, Fallon.
Rocket Mortgage allows homebuyers and homeowners to:
- Experience the cleanest, easiest and quickest mortgage application ever created, complete with e-signature.
- Visually compare and customize interest rate, mortgage term, monthly payment and fees based on individualized financial information and goals with current underwriting guidelines for numerous products with real-time pricing.
- View their individualized three-bureau credit report, analysis and score in a format that is concise, understandable and digestible.
- Electronically import and verify asset, property and income information – all online via proprietary interfaces designed by QL Labs with numerous partners and databases throughout the country, eliminating the need for consumers to provide supporting loan documents manually.
- Receive full mortgage approval in minutes on conventional, FHA or VA mortgage products with the click of a button from Quicken Loans' proprietary interface to agency underwriting engines.
- Lock a current market interest rate.
- Conveniently view all loan documentation and details online, anytime, anywhere from a PC or virtually any mobile device. Users no longer need to rely on information relayed over the telephone, email, face-to-face or through the mail.
In tandem with the "What We Were Thinking" Super Bowl commercial, Quicken Loans is launching the Rocket Mortgage "Push Button, Get Stuff" Sweepstakes, giving away hundreds of items from, and inspired by, the commercial – all of which are made in America, a key theme of the advertisement. Prizes include a living room package, a Viking Range, Kitchen Aid mixers, Blendtec blenders, Shinola bikes and many more products for the home - all made by Americans. In addition, one lucky winner will receive the $100,000 grand prize to help pay off their mortgage or buy a new home. Entrants can go to PushButtonGetStuff.com to sign up and to see contest rules.
"We are giving away items American families could use in their homes, and in keeping with the theme of our Super Bowl ad, all of the products were made right here in America by hardworking American craftspeople," Farner explained. "This is exactly the story the ad tells - how much the simple act of buying a home impacts the entire American economy. We are proud to support American workers and it is now easier than ever for those workers to buy a home using Rocket Mortgage."
About Quicken Loans
Detroit-based Quicken Loans Inc. is the nation's second largest retail home mortgage lender. The company closed more than $200 billion of mortgage volume across all 50 states since 2013. Quicken Loans generates loan production from web centers located in Detroit, Cleveland and Scottsdale, Arizona. The company also operates a centralized loan processing facility in Detroit, as well as its San Diego-based One Reverse Mortgage unit. Quicken Loans ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Primary Mortgage Origination" in the United States by J.D. Power for the past six consecutive years, 2010 - 2015, and highest in customer satisfaction among all mortgage servicers in 2014 and 2015.
Quicken Loans was named among the top-30 companies on FORTUNE magazine's annual "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for the last 12 consecutive years, ranking No. 12 in 2015. It has been recognized as one of Computerworld magazine's '100 Best Places to Work in IT' the past 11 years, ranking No. 1 in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2007, 2006 and 2005. The company moved its headquarters to downtown Detroit in 2010, and now more than 10,000 of its 13,000 team members work in the city's urban core. For more information about Quicken Loans, please visit QuickenLoans.com, on Twitter at @QLnews, and on Facebook at Facebook.com/QuickenLoans.
SOURCE Quicken Loans Inc.