RadioShack Brings Its First California Concept Store to Lynwood
Newly Remodeled Store Opens Tomorrow, Featuring Top Brands and Interactive Experiences
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack will open the company's first California concept store in Lynwood on Saturday, Jan. 11 at 9 a.m. This RadioShack has been a part of Lynwood's community since the store opened in its original location more than 42 years ago in 1971. The relocated store can now be found in the Lynwood Shopping Center at 10747 Long Beach Blvd., Unit #2.
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Lynwood location is one of more than 20 concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase while supplies last, or check into the store on Foursquare to claim the deal for a limited time. In addition, customers are encouraged to visit the store and share photos through the #MyNewRadioShack hub.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, over 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation
More by this Source
RadioShack Continues Manhattan Market Reinvigoration
Mar 21, 2014, 09:00 ET
RadioShack Opens Concept Stores in China, Malaysia
Apr 08, 2014, 18:41 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.