RadioShack Brings One of Its Newest Concept Stores to Largo Newly Remodeled Store Opens Tomorrow, Featuring Top Brands and Interactive Experiences
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack will open the company's second Florida concept store in Largo on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 9 a.m. This RadioShack has been a part of the Pinellas County community since the store opened in its original Clearwater location more than 40 years ago in 1973. The newly relocated store can now be found in the East Bay Plaza in Largo at 5395 East Bay Drive.
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Some features include:
- A speaker wall controlled by in-store tablets where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen with leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display, demonstrating the capabilities of several camera models
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, such as touchscreens and apps to help shoppers understand product benefits
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs
- A Do-It-Yourself station where consumers can plan projects with the helpful advice of store associates
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. Largo and Boynton Plaza are the first concept stores to open in Florida. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase, while supplies last. Customers can also check in to the store on Foursquare to claim the deal for a limited time.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, over 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation