RadioShack Invites Neighbors to "Tech the Halls" This Christmas with Great Deals on Top Brands, New Protection Plan and Refreshed Stores Customers Can Name Their Own Deal; Sales Start Online on Thanksgiving; Most Stores to Open Black Friday at 8 a.m.
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As shoppers start thinking about how to deck their halls, RadioShack invites consumers to "Tech the Halls" this holiday season. From delivering great prices on the hottest tech brands, to rolling out a new product protection plan, and even giving consumers a chance to name their own deals, RadioShack intends to celebrate the creative spirit that keeps the holiday season bright.
RadioShack continues to find ways to give consumers what they want:
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals: Black Friday deal seekers will find reasons to celebrate with great deals on top brands such as Kindle, Beats by Dr. Dre, SOL REPUBLIC and Samsung. RadioShack will give shoppers a chance to shop online Thanksgiving night to grab deals while most retail locations will open at 8 a.m. on Black Friday. And for Cyber Monday, RadioShack again will roll out "24 Deals in 24 Hours" that are all available online while quantities last.
- "Name Your Deal" Promotion: RadioShack is giving shoppers the power to name their own deals with an interactive application at www.radioshack.com/holiday where consumers can select the product and pricing, vote on and share the hot deals. On Nov. 27, consumers can redeem a limited number of coupon codes for "Name Your Deal" products at amazing prices.
- Tech the Halls Idea Centers: Building on its heritage as a DIY destination and expert resource for tech know-how, RadioShack has created holiday Idea Centers in its stores, featuring easy-to-follow instructions cards for how to create some holiday fun using products from the surrounding shelves.
- New "It Happens" Protection Plan: New this year, RadioShack launched its new stress-free "It Happens" protection plan on Nov. 1 to protect holiday purchases against accidents and "it happens" moments. The plan protects products from accidental damage, and the simple claim process comes with same-day in-store instant replacement for many items, or a repair option for devices $300 or more.
- Times Square Pop-Up Stores: Just in time for the holiday shopping season, two RadioShack pop-up stores will launch in Times Square. Stores will open later this week and will offer interactive experiences and free charging stations. These locations will be open for a limited time in 2014 to showcase the reinvigorated brand and offer a great mix of products for holidays and for visitors who may pass through the "Crossroads of the World."
"We're excited to invite shoppers to experience the new RadioShack this holiday season and discover all the ways we can help them 'Tech the Halls,'" said Jennifer Warren, chief marketing officer of RadioShack. "We've updated our stores and refreshed our merchandise to include even more from hot brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Beats by Dr. Dre, Skullcandy, Fitbit, Apple and Samsung."
Watch for Deals on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Green Monday
A modern holiday tradition, consumers will find Black Friday deals of up to 80% off starting online at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time for shopping all day on Thanksgiving Day at www.radioshack.com. Most RadioShack locations will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Black Friday.* Mall stores will follow posted hours.
*Opening time and date may vary for certain shopping centers where stores will follow posted hours.
Select Black Friday specials include:
- Savings of up to 50% off Bluetooth speakers, including JBL, Beats Pill and RadioShack's exclusive AUVIO line
- Select toys up to 50% off including the Micro Indoor Helicopter for $14.99 (Reg.29.99, save 50%)
- SanDisk 32GB Flash Drive for $7.99 (Reg. $49.99, Save 80%)
- AUVIO Bluetooth Portable Speaker for $39.99 (Reg. 79.99, Save 50%)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 for $49.99 with a qualifying 2-year plan (Save $150)
- Free $50 online Visa with any mobile phone with a qualifying 2-year plan (New activations only)
Starting this week, consumers can visit www.radioshack.com/holiday to stay updated on all of RadioShack's holiday offers and upcoming Black Friday deals. RadioShack will once again offer "24 Deals in 24 Hours" on Cyber Monday, with nine deals going live online at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time on Monday, Dec. 2, and then additional deals offered every hour 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. that day. All "24 Deals" will be available online while quantities last. And RadioShack will offer a special one-day only online sale along with free shipping on qualifying purchases on Green Monday, Dec. 9.
A Chance to "Name Your Deal"
For those who'd like to have some fun and help RadioShack choose additional hot holiday offers, the company invites consumers to "Name Your Deal" now through Nov. 25. At www.radioshack.com/holiday visitors can pick a favorite product and a discounted price, and then submit their deal. Consumers will be encouraged to share and vote to help push the deals up the leaderboard. Then on Nov. 27, RadioShack will release the top five vote-getting products with the selected discounts, and deal seekers can race to grab a coupon code for one of the limited quantity of the "Name Your Deal" products made available.
In-store Idea Centers Encourage Shoppers to "Take One. Make One."
Everyone could use help adding some happy to their holidays, and RadioShack's new in-store Idea Centers are ideal for grabbing a takeaway card with instructions on how to easily make LED Place Cards to light up a holiday dinner, create a "Santa Cam" to capture footage of the jolly one under the tree, or soup-up those RC toys for fun games with friends and family. Stop by any neighborhood RadioShack to pick up a few ideas and get the goods to make them happen.
Plan to Protect Precious Gifts
RadioShack's unmatched "It Happens" protection plan launched Nov. 1 and is perfect for heading off holiday hazards like soggy snow banks and rambunctious relatives. Features include:
- Same-day in-store replacement for products priced less than $300*
- Repair on devices $300 or more
- Coverage from accidental damage
- Unlimited battery replacement
- Simple in-store claim process
*Excluding contract phones. See store or website for details.
Visit www.radioshack.com for more information on the "It Happens" protection plan.
New Stores Popping Up in Times Square – And Beyond
To celebrate the official start of the holiday season, RadioShack will open two pop-up stores in New York's Times Square later this week. Located at 1441 Broadway (41st & Broadway) and 1565 Broadway (inside the former Roxy Delicatessen) in Manhattan, the two limited-time only locations feature a special mix of top brands, great gifts and top tech for travelers. RadioShack plans the pop-up stores to remain open through New York's hosting of "the big game" in February.
The new experience isn't limited to the company's pop-up stores, however; by the end of 2013 the company will have also made improvements to nearly all 4,300 U.S. stores. This includes more than 100 concept and brand statement stores, which feature bright, completely redesigned interiors and the new exterior signage featuring the new logo, which launched in July 2013. All of these improvements underscore the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
Helping Consumers "Tech the Halls" This Season
RadioShack stores nationwide will get into the holiday spirit the week of Nov. 4 with holiday window graphics, in-store displays and new product assortment – including the season's hottest RC vehicles, many of which are RadioShack exclusives – such as the return of the company's XMODs custom RC cars. Be sure to check out newly configured displays highlighting in-demand mobile brands, as well as new headphone demo stations where consumers can find and compare leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre.
Advertising throughout the holiday season will carry through the "Tech the Halls" theme and showcases technology being used in fun, creative ways to celebrate with family and friends. RadioShack even created its own "Tech the Halls" remix of the beloved "Deck the Halls" carol using sounds from the tech products found on RadioShack's shelves.
TV ads are set to begin airing Nov. 10, with digital banners and custom online creative, mall advertising and mobile activations running throughout November and December. The company will also launch a holiday hub at www.radioshack.com/holiday where shoppers and media will find a holiday gift center, deals and featured products.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation