FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack today announced the opening of 23 new interactive remodel stores in the Washington, D.C. metro area, bringing innovative products to market while revitalizing its store base.
The stores provide an updated shopping experience to RadioShack customers in the area, while highlighting key elements from our new store formats and promoting unique products from tech-savvy inventors.
RadioShack has been open for business in the D.C. metro area since 1977 and today is home to more than 140 locations and hundreds of knowledgeable associates.
"The D.C. metro area has always been an important and loyal market for RadioShack, given the city's strength in the technology sector. We are excited to launch an upgraded shopping experience at such a significant number of stores in the area," said Mike DeFazio, senior vice president of store operations at RadioShack. "As we've opened more than 40 concept stores over the past year, customers have expressed their desire to interact with products before they buy, find personalized technology solutions and, of course, gain access to top brands. These interactive remodel stores represent what consumers should expect to see from the RadioShack brand."
RadioShack began remodeling and opening highly experiential concept stores across the country in July 2013, and has refreshed its more than 4,000 U.S. company-owned stores.
Locally remodeled stores feature RadioShack's new Fix It Here! service, a mobile device repair program that typically delivers same-day repair for many of today's most popular mobile devices. Customers who have damaged or broken mobile devices can conveniently and quickly have them repaired by a trained RadioShack technician. Technicians will diagnose and repair the device at an in-store kiosk, often in as little as an hour.
Interactive remodel store features include:
- Innovative products from startups and inventors, such as mobile device-controlled robot ball Sphero, educational magnetic circuit boards from littleBits and Lively's activity sensors that create a smart home for older adults to log daily routines
- An interactive speaker wall where customers can shop and compare different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets
- Experiential displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; in-demand devices from Apple, Samsung and HTC; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products
- Full mobility offerings from top mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon with flexible financing plans available all under one roof
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs
Neighbors are invited to come see the bolder, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase, while supplies last. Find the new Washington, D.C. RadioShack stores at radioshack.com/DC.
As part of the grand opening of these stores, RadioShack is partnering with Byte Back, a nonprofit organization generating economic opportunities for low-income Washington, D.C. residents by providing computer training and employment readiness skills. RadioShack is donating a portion of August 5 sales from the store location at 732 7th Street in Washington, D.C. to Byte Back programs.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these sleek, bright, highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. These new, updated stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. See all of our new or remodeled locations at radioshack.com/newRS.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading retailer with more than 27,000 knowledgeable associates focused on connecting consumers with personalized solutions and discovering what's possible through the latest in consumer electronics. The company's updated product assortment incorporates national brands, industry-leading private brand products, mobile devices and wireless carriers. Customers can shop leading brands in headphones and speakers, wearable technology, smart toys and DIY supplies, connected home, power accessories and home entertainment at radioshack.com, or at one of the more than 5,000 locations in 26 countries. Find RadioShack on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
News Media Contact: Andrea McCauley, +1-817-415-3300, andrea.mccauley@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation