FORT WORTH, Texas, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack will celebrate the opening of the company's fifth interactive remodeled store in the New Orleans area starting Saturday, July 19, at 9 a.m. The newly remodeled store is located at 717 Canal Street and marks RadioShack's continued effort to revitalize area stores. RadioShack is proud to maintain its presence in the New Orleans community for more than 46 years since its first location opened in 1968.
Locally remodeled stores feature RadioShack's new Fix It Here! service, a mobile device repair program that in most cases delivers same-day repair or faster for many of today's most popular mobile devices. Customers who have damaged or broken mobile devices can conveniently and quickly have them repaired by a trained RadioShack technician. Technicians will diagnose and repair the device at an in-store kiosk, often in as little as an hour.
"Our interactive remodeled stores represent what consumers should expect to see from the RadioShack brand," said Mike DeFazio, senior vice president of store operations at RadioShack. "These stores all deliver an upgraded shopping experience, with a refined product mix showcased in more modern, redesigned stores. We've added areas in the stores to encourage shoppers to discover personalized solutions, and our associates are ready with a collaborative, "Do It Together" approach that results in smart solutions for our customers' technology needs."
Interactive remodel store features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack on Canal Street now to pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase, while supplies last.
On Saturday, July 19, the first 20 customers who check in to the store on Foursquare will receive a special grand opening prize pack.
Additionally, to celebrate the opening of this newly remodeled store, New Orleans city officials will join RadioShack for a ribbon cutting ceremony at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 23.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these sleek, bright, highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The New Orleans area has additional interactive remodeled stores in the following locations:
5257 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
Metarie, Louisiana 70006
2801 Magazine Street Suite 2
New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
6045 Magazine Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
4001 Frenchman Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
The Canal St. location is one of more than 40 interactive remodeled stores to open since the company began updating its retail locations in 2014. These new, updated stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading retailer with more than 27,000 knowledgeable associates focused on connecting consumers with personalized solutions and discovering what's possible through the latest in consumer electronics. The company's updated product assortment incorporates national brands, industry-leading private brand products, mobile devices and wireless carriers. Customers can shop leading brands in headphones and speakers, wearable technology, smart toys and DIY supplies, connected home, power accessories and home entertainment at www.radioshack.com, or at one of the more than 5,000 locations in 26 countries. Find RadioShack on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation