RADWIN Unveils New Vehicular Mobile Unit - VMU VMU extends network reach to any assets in motion and enhances operations & security for Mines, Airports, Police & Security, Oil & Gas, Ports
TEL AVIV, Israel, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
RADWIN (http://www.radwin.com), the global leader in sub-6 GHz wireless broadband, today announced the release of its new Vehicular Mobile Unit (VMU), part of the FiberinMotion™ portfolio. VMU is especially designed for vehicle installations, enabling high-speed video, voice and data transmission for vehicles on the move.
VMU is the latest addition to RADWIN's FiberinMotion mobility portfolio. Delivering high capacity of up to 50Mbps, the ruggedized VMU supports vehicle speeds of up to 250 Km/155 miles/h and provides long range coverage of up to 10 km/6 miles. VMU includes a built-in Wi-Fi access point, GPS for vehicle tracking and leverages on RADWIN's advanced air-interface; it incorporates Dynamic MIMO/Diversity and Smart Bandwidth Management (SBM) to assure committed service level per vehicle.
VMU powers multiple applications for a wide range of industries including:
- Police Patrol Units & Mobile Command - Broadband connectivity to transmit real-time video, data and VoIP
- Mines - Automated mining vehicles and machinery and monitoring of machinery operators
- Oil & Gas - real time data and video connectivity for oil field mobile drillers, offices and personnel
- Airports - Mobile video and VoIP for security patrol and rescue vehicles and database access for airport operations and maintenance
- Ports - Real-time control and monitoring of freight crane, port facilities and crane operators
- Bus Rapid Transit - Internet access for passengers and video transmission surveillance
- Border Security - Real time video transmission from unmanned ground vehicles
Idan Bar-Sade, VP Product Management stated, "RADWIN is addressing customer requirements for mobility applications by building on the market-leading FiberinMotion portfolio. With RADWIN's VMU, companies across all industries benefit from high-resolution video, data and voice transmission on the move and can enhance security and streamline operations."
RADWIN is a leading global provider of wireless Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint, Small Cell NLOS Backhaul and FIBERinMOTION™ mobility solutions. Deployed in over 150 countries, RADWIN's solutions deliver voice, video and data with unmatched high capacity and long range. RADWIN's solutions serve the needs of carriers, service providers, governments, enterprises, public and private organizations and transportation authorities. RADWIN's solutions power applications including backhaul, non-line-of-sight small cell backhaul, broadband access, private network connectivity, video surveillance transmission as well as wireless broadband-in-motion for vehicles, trains and vessels. Visit RADWIN: http://www.radwin.com
Israel HQ: +972-3-769-2820