Rafanelli Events Designs Annual Holiday Decor at the White House

"Timeless Traditions" is the theme for 2015

02 Dec, 2015, 13:31 ET from Rafanelli Events

NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Rafanelli Events, an event strategy and design company with offices in New York and Boston, worked with the Office of the First Lady to design and execute the annual White House holiday decor.

Bryan Rafanelli, president and chief creative officer of Rafanelli Events, and his team worked closely with First Lady Michelle Obama and the White House Social Office to develop the theme and create the design. This year's theme, Timeless Traditions, reflects long-held traditions cherished across America, and commemorates extraordinary moments that shaped the country during the past two centuries. Twenty volunteers from Rafanelli Events, along with almost one hundred volunteers from thirty-five states, spent five days bedecking the White House.

"I am both thrilled and honored to be inside the White House helping their team bring the holidays to life," said Bryan Rafanelli. "My hope is that we remind you of your own holiday traditions, inspire you to create new ones, and bring you the same joy this season brings the First Family."

"The holidays at the White House are truly magical. The inspiration and designs of Rafanelli Events, Carolina Herrera, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim of Opening Ceremony and Kenzo, and Duro Olowu have turned the White House into a winter wonderland," said First Lady Michelle Obama. "I'm overjoyed to share their talent with tens of thousands of guests from across our country and around the world who will visit the White House this holiday season, and I know visitors will be as delighted by their work as I am."

Rafanelli Events has designed the decor for State Dinners and other official White House events during the Obama administration.

"We are so pleased to have been able to execute this Holiday vision by creating only 10% of the design with new products and materials," said Rafanelli. "The remaining 90% uses repurposed ornaments and embellishments that were already a part of the White House holiday inventory. We feel wonderful about the message this sends to all Americans who are as focused as we are on value, sustainability and our environment."

Rafanelli Events is one of the nation's premier event planning and design companies. The Rafanelli team works with clients as unique as the events they plan; individuals and families, Fortune 500 corporations and non-profit organizations. For each, Rafanelli Events has provided unforgettable memories. With offices in New York and Boston, the Rafanelli team has concepted, designed and executed exceptional events since 1996. From weddings and private parties to corporate events and non-profit fundraisers, Rafanelli Events brings distinctive inspiration to everything they do. 

At Rafanelli Events, their success is built on listening to, respecting, understanding and complementing some of the most successful people, companies and brands in the world.

SOURCE Rafanelli Events