LOS ANGELES, Sept. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralphs Grocery Company is bringing the ultimate Italian foodie experience to its customers.
From September 14 to September 27, Ralphs stores across Southern California will be inviting customers to experience locally-sourced ingredients and authentic Italian fare as part of the supermarket company's latest foodie event - Savor World Flavor: Taste of Italy.
Taste of Italy will feature samples, recipe ideas, new food products, buy-one-get-one-free offers and events that bring a taste of Italian culture to nearly 200 Ralphs supermarkets from San Diego to San Luis Obispo.
Select stores will host educational "Crack the Parm" events. On September 17 at 12 p.m., Ralphs cheese specialists will demonstrate how to crack a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese wheel weighing nearly 80 pounds in the Murray's Cheese departments at the following Ralphs stores:
- 26901 Aliso Creek Rd., Aliso Viejo
- 7140 Avenida Encinas, Carlsbad
- 380 E. 17th St., Costa Mesa
- 32555 Golden Lantern, Dana Point
- 3455 Del Mar Heights Rd., Del Mar
- 17840 Ventura Blvd., Encino
- 7257 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood
- 5241 Warner Ave., Huntington Beach
- 49908 Jefferson St., Indio
- 5345 Alton Parkway, Irvine
- 521 W. Foothill Blvd., La Canada
- 2675 Foothill Blvd., La Crescenta
- 6290 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach
- 645 W. 9th St., Los Angeles
- 260 S. La Brea Blvd., Los Angeles
- 12057 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles
- 23841 W. Malibu Rd., Malibu
- 2700 Sepulveda Blvd., Manhattan Beach
- 4700 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey
- 2555 East Bluff Dr., Newport Beach
- 10900 Magnolia Blvd., North Hollywood
- 19781 Rinaldi St., Northridge
- 1733 E. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs
- 10525 4S Commons Dr., San Diego
- 11875 Carmel Mountain Rd., San Diego
- 101 G St., San Diego
- 5680 Mission Center Rd., San Diego
- 1020 University Ave., San Diego
- 14049 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks
- 10901 Ventura Blvd., Studio City
- 13321 Jamboree Rd., Tustin
- 14440 Burbank Blvd., Van Nuys
- 910 Lincoln Blvd., Venice
- 10861 Weyburn, Westwood
- 21909 Ventura Blvd., Woodland Hills
The cracking events will be followed with recipes, tastings and suggestions for enjoying this nutty, savory cheese.
Ralphs continues to expand its internationally-inspired product offerings under the exclusive HemisFares™ brand, which debuted with the company's first Taste of Italy event last fall. In conjunction with the most current Taste of Italy event, HemisFares™ will introduce Italian favorites including antipasti jars, flavored oils, gelato, and new pastas and pasta sauces.
Ralphs, along with its parent company, Kroger, will host a national Twitter party at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, September 17, for customers to learn more about Italian cuisine and culture. To participate, follow @kroger on Twitter.
This is Ralphs' fourth Savor World Flavor event, which has included Taste of México in 2014, Taste of Italy in 2015 and Taste of Spain earlier this year. For more details, including recipes and an easy-to-use, authentic meal planning experience, "How to Eat Like an Italian", please visit www.italianworldflavor.com.
About Ralphs Grocery Company
Ralphs Grocery Company was founded in 1873 and currently operates 198 supermarkets from its headquarters in Los Angeles. Last year, Ralphs contributed more than $6 million to support education, hunger relief, women's health and local nonprofit organizations in the communities served by the company's stores. Ralphs is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE: KR), one of the nation's largest food retailers, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more about Ralphs, please visit our web site at www.ralphs.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ralphs-invites-customers-to-savor-world-flavor-with-a-taste-of-italy-300328468.html
SOURCE Ralphs Grocery Company