AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Campaign's Television Spots Debut on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013
- Campaign Features Real Working Men in Spots, Showing Ram Heavy Duty Trucks on the Job
- The Ram Brand to Showcase Full Lineup of its Light Duty, Heavy Duty and Commercial Trucks at State Fair of Texas Auto Show on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013
In the wake of the Ram 1500's selection as Motor Trend's 2013 "Truck of the Year," the North American "Truck of the Year" and the "Truck of Texas" (as voted by the Texas Auto Writers Association) – and the launch of the Ram Commercial brand – the Ram Truck brand is seeing continued momentum with the debut of a new national integrated advertising campaign. Titled "Groundbreakers," the campaign demonstrates how the groundbreaking capabilities of the 2014 Heavy Duty Ram truck lineup power hard work. The campaign, which comes from the voice of real workingmen, shows Ram Heavy Duty trucks in action on the job. The campaign includes television, print, digital and social components, with the first TV spots airing nationally Saturday, September 28. The commercial spot(s) can be viewed at Ram Truck Brand's YouTube Channel.
"'Groundbreakers' took inspiration from real men and women who work the heart of this land day after day and don't subscribe to the word impossible," said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, Chrysler Group LLC. "This decision to use real working people instead of actors was significant to the authenticity of the Ram Truck brand and our customers."
The campaign reinforces the 2014 Heavy Duty lineup's best-in-class capabilities, including 30,000 pounds of towing capacity and 850 lb-ft of torque generated by the new Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. Specific units also spotlight the strength of Ram's 6.4L Hemi Big Gas truck and the 2014 Power Wagon.
"The Ram Truck Brand's Heavy Duty lineup provides truck owners with best-in-class power, payload, and towing capability that they need to get the job done, and these ads really bring those messages across," said Reid Bigland, President and CEO, Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "These attributes have also helped the Ram pickup truck to achieve a sales streak of 40 consecutive months of year-over-year sales growth."
The "Groundbreakers" campaign will launch nationally with two 30-second TV spots, narrated by Sam Elliott:
- "Walk a Mile" – Using footage of a rancher, oil field worker, farmer and miner, this spot emphasizes the best-in-class towing and torque power of Ram's Heavy Duty trucks. The line "We get out there and walk a mile in the footsteps of the guys we build trucks for" poignantly relays that the Ram brand knows its drivers.
- "Hell, Yes" – Also touting Ram's best-in-class towing and torque power, this spot opens with the line "A man will ask a lot of his truck" and lists out questions such as "Can it tow that?" In closing, the spot responds to these questions with an absolute "Hell, yes."
Later in 2013 and 2014, two more 30-second TV ads will launch as part of the campaign:
- "Answers" – Launching in November 2013, this spot focuses on Ram's 6.4L Hemi Big Gas truck and speaks to the unequivocal power of this gas-engine truck and its best-in-class payload.
- "Impossible" – Showcasing Ram's 2014 Power Wagon, this ad features epic footage of a brave soul surfing breaks. The spot underscores that with a Ram Power Wagon, nothing is impossible, and that it is the most capable off-road truck on the planet. "Impossible" will break in the second quarter of 2014.
The campaign's initial television presence will surround professional and college football games beginning the weekend of September 28.
In addition to TV, "Groundbreakers" uses print, digital and social components. The campaign's print collection, launched in August 2013, features five executions that relay the Heavy Duty lineup's best-in-class capabilities. Print work includes an equestrian ad with the headline "Walk a mile in their work boots" and a welding ad with the headline "30,000-pound actions speak louder than words." Executions will continue to run in a variety of lifestyle and trade publications.
The campaign's digital and social extensions include an immersive microsite, digital banner ads and engaging social media initiatives for fans. The microsite, at ramtrucks.com/hd, brings the campaign's TV and print work to life, as each of the major components can be explored in more depth and detail. Banner ads pick up the creative cues from other channels and reinforce the brand's towing, torque and payload capabilities.
Dedicated social programs include a #Groundbreakers contest on Twitter and Facebook that enables fans to submit extreme challenges to be carried out by the Ram Truck brand's Heavy Duty lineup now through Friday, October 4th. The "Groundbreakers Club Roadblock Challenge" sweepstakes launched with a social gaming component allowing fans to test their mettle and share stories on Facebook. Entrants have a chance to win weekly prizes and the grand prize, a 2014 Ram 2500 Power Wagon.
Bigland will be present at the State Fair of Texas Auto Show on Thursday, Sept. 26, as the Ram Truck brand showcases the full lineup of their light duty, heavy duty and Commercial trucks. The brand's presence at the fair will also feature a massive vending machine that dispenses Ram-branded merchandise to spectators.
The "Groundbreakers" campaign was created by Dallas-based The Richards Group.
About the Ram Truck Brand
The Ram Truck brand continues to establish its own identity and clearly define its customer since its launch as a stand-alone vehicle brand. Creating a distinct brand for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on how core customers use their trucks and what new features they'd like to see. Whether focusing on a family who uses its half-ton truck day in and day out, a hardworking Ram Heavy Duty owner, or a business that depends on its commercial vehicles every day, Ram has the truck market covered.
The Ram Truck brand has the most innovative lineup of full-size trucks on the market. Ram Truck has emerged as a full-size truck leader by investing substantially in new products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and features that further enhance their capabilities. Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC