Ram Unveils New, Longer RamBox®
DALLAS, Sept. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram expands innovative RamBox® system to accommodate 6-foot-4-inch bed lengths
- RamBox now available in all trim levels and Ram HD models
The Ram Truck brand has developed a new version of the unique RamBox® cargo management system to fit Ram pickup trucks with 6-foot-4-inch bed lengths. The addition of a 6-foot-4-inch RamBox model dramatically expands the feature's availability to include the majority of Ram truck models.
Now, in addition to the 5-foot-7-inch RamBox, which was previously available only on Ram 1500 Crew Cab models, buyers can opt for RamBox on Ram pickups with 6-foot-4-inch bed lengths, including Ram 1500 regular cab and Quad Cab® models and Ram 2500 and 3500 (single rear wheel) Crew Cab and Mega Cab models.
Ram also will offer the RamBox option on the ST price class, making the feature available on all trim levels.
"The 6-foot-4-inch RamBox is the definition of 'more of a good thing,'" said Fred Diaz, President and CEO Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico – Chrysler Group LLC. "We have dramatically expanded RamBox availability and given it an outstanding price. Having convenient, secure storage for your gear – whether it's worksite tools, sporting equipment or a few cases of refreshments for the team – makes RamBox one of the greatest innovations that you'll find on a pickup truck."
Today's announcement means that the RamBox option is now available on more than 80 percent of all Ram pickups.
The new RamBox trucks with 6-foot-4-inch bed measures 60 inches in length versus 50.5 inches for the 5-foot-7-inch model – an increase of 18 percent. Interior volume grows proportionately, from 7.3 cubic feet to 8.6 cubic feet.
With the added length and volume, the new RamBox can hold long-handled shovels, one-piece fishing rods and up to 140 beverage cans.
For 2012, buyers will find that RamBox pricing has not increased. In fact, Ram has reduced the price of both 6-foot-4-inch and 5-foot-7-inch RamBoxes by 32 percent to an attractive $1,295.
RamBox provides secure storage options for tradesmen, craftsmen, sportsmen, athletes and outdoorsmen. RamBox can store golf clubs, fishing rods, sports gear, tool boxes and more.
RamBox is a segment-exclusive cargo management system that includes three key elements:
- Two weatherproof, lockable, drainable, lighted storage bins that run the length of the pickup bed and are as wide as the wheel well, creating a total of 8.6 cubic feet of space. The side bins are large enough to hold items including: a set of golf clubs, helmets, toolboxes, kayak paddles, fishing rods, chainsaws or beverage cans and ice. RamBox side bins create storage along each side of the pickup bed space previously left untouched due to wheel-well intrusion. RamBox bins fit the length of the pickup bed and incorporate the space over each wheel well to secure cargo within a lit, lockable and drainable container. Lids include swing hinges with intermediate and full-open positions that lift the lid 90 degrees perpendicular to each side.
- An adjustable bed divider/extender that fits on the lowered tailgate and adds 2 feet of additional length to secure longer loads. The bed divider creates individual compartments in the pickup bed to separate payload equipment such as tools or equipment. It can be conveniently stowed in the front of the bed when not in use;
- And a cargo rail system with sliding, adjustable cleats for infinitely adjustable tie-down versatility.
About the Ram Truck Brand
The Ram Truck brand continues to establish its own identity and clearly define its customer since its launch as a standalone vehicle brand. Creating a distinct brand for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on how core customers use their trucks and what new features they'd like to see. Whether focusing on a family that uses its half-ton truck day in and day out, a hard-working Ram Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its commercial vehicles every day, Ram has the truck market covered.
The 2011 Ram 1500 was named a Consumers Digest Best Buy and AUTOMOBILE Magazine All-Star. Ram 1500's smooth-riding suspension and 20 mpg, 390 horsepower HEMI® V-8 are just two of the reasons it beat the competition. Ram 1500 also was named the Truck of Texas by the Texas Auto Writers Association in 2011.
The Ram Truck brand has the most innovative lineup of full-size trucks on the market. Ram Truck has emerged as a full-size truck leader by investing substantially in new products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and features that further enhance their capabilities. Ram trucks now boast these segment exclusives:
- Coil-spring rear suspension on Ram 1500 for best-in-class ride and handling
- Available RamBox lockable and lighted bedside storage
- In-floor storage on all Ram Crew Cabs
- The largest cab in the market – Ram HD Mega Cab
- Standard six-speed manual transmission on all diesel models
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
Follow Ram and Chrysler Group LLC news and video on:
Ram Trucks: http://www.ramtrucks.com
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com Ram Zone blog: http://www.ramzone.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrysler and http://twitter.com/RamTrucks
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pentastarvideo and http://www.youtube.com/ramtrucks
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC