SKOKIE, Ill., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The newest edition of Rand McNally's Motor Carriers' Road Atlas, the best-selling trucker's atlas in the United States, is now available at travel centers and other retailers nationwide, as well as online.
Updated annually with new routes and critical state safety information, the new edition includes content uniquely tailored to the business of the over-the-road commercial truck driver. The 2014 edition includes:
- Revised state and province maps, including updated mileages in the state mileage guides;
- Updated highways showing the latest truck roadways as designated by the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), also known as "designated" highways;
- Coverage of Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- A 22-page mileage directory with more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- Fully updated state and province charts including more than 400 changes to truck-specific state contacts – such as operating authority contacts, emergency police, and vehicle registration.
"The adoption of in-cab technology such as Rand McNally's truck navigation devices has not diminished the popularity of the Rand McNally Motor Carriers' Road Atlas," said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. "It remains the indispensable in-cab resource for commercial truck drivers in North America. Although drivers may have a truck-specific GPS device, they still prefer to keep a Motor Carriers' Road Atlas in the cab for at-a-glance safety information and to see the big picture."
The Motor Carriers' Road Atlas is available in paperback and a spiral-bound, laminated Deluxe version.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Products and services include: Road travel review site bestoftheroad.com; America's #1 Road Atlas; RVND™ GPS for RVers; IntelliRoute® truck routing software and navigation devices; TPC 7600 and TND™ 760 mobile fleet management solutions for the transportation industry; and leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. randmcnally.com
IntelliRoute and Rand McNally are registered trademarks and TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
Follow us –
SOURCE Rand McNally