SKOKIE, Ill., Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rand McNally today introduced the RVND™ 7720, a new 7-inch RV GPS device with Wi-Fi® connectivity allowing for real-time weather information and display, and new hardware with rugged casing, video input, and brighter screen.
The new device – shipping now to stores, online retailers, and RV dealers and distributors – joins Rand McNally's line of RVND™ GPS devices for RVers. Rand McNally pioneered RV-specific navigation by launching the first GPS device designed specifically for RVers and campers.
RV-specific navigation is necessary to route large vehicles and towables around road restrictions, low bridges and other physical hazards. However, like all Rand McNally RV GPS devices, the RVND™ 7720 can be used as a car GPS as well – merely by changing a simple setting.
One of the key new features of the RVND™ 7720 is Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables the transmission and display of weather as well as other real-time information.* With updated weather information, RVers will be able to anticipate delays and make plans by viewing current and predicted conditions displayed on the map and along the route. Besides weather, other RV-specific connected services will be coming soon and will be available for this device.
The RVND™ 7720 has an all-new hardware platform as well featuring a new rugged design with ridged casing for added protection, a brighter screen that adjusts for low and strong light, and video input compatible with a range of back-up and rear-view cameras.
The base maps and overlaying content, such as campgrounds, parks, RV service and other RV points of interest, also have been updated for the RVND™ 7720.
The new device ships with Lifetime Maps** so owners will be able to update their devices at no additional cost.
The RVND™ 7720 GPS includes the following additional new features:
- Fully updated road data, including RV-specific information such as speed limits, legal and physical restrictions, and all Rand McNally proprietary RV data
- Fully updated points of interest necessary for safe and convenient routing, including travel centers and RV parking information at rest stops, exits, and other locations
- Fuel logs, which are accessible from the Virtual Dashboard or via RV Tools; the feature enables drivers to record fuel purchases for a trip
- Additional routing options such as "Avoid State or Province" and "Avoid Smaller Roads"
- Address book icon enhancement, which enables unique icons to be created by group and shown on the map for imported locations; address book items can be sorted by name, distance from current location or date added
- Text-to-speech alert details for user-imported custom points of interest, such as red light cameras, to reduce driver distraction
The new RVND™ 7720 has all of the features and functionality drivers have come to expect from Rand McNally, including: Virtual Dashboard; junction view with lane assist; free downloads of Rand McNally's proprietary construction information and software updates; Exits Quick View which shows RV parking and amenities at exits; RV Tools, RV amenities and locations such as campgrounds, RV services, and dumps; Woodall's Campground information with searchable amenities; Rand McNally exclusive pre-planned trips with photos and video; and routing for 11 types of RVs as well as for cars.
*User is responsible for all third party data charges.
**For more information about the Lifetime Maps program, see www.randmcnally.com/lifetimemaps.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Rand McNally's products and services include: Road travel review site www.BestoftheRoad.com; Interactive travel referral service, www.Tripology.com; America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software and navigation devices; TruckPC and TND™ 760, Fleet Edition, mobile communication solutions for the for the transportation industry; and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today's world. www.RandMcNally.com
Rand McNally, IntelliRoute, TripMaker and Best of the Road are registered trademarks, and TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC. d/b/a Rand McNally.
Visit us –
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the WiFi Alliance.
SOURCE Rand McNally