ATLANTA, May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Randstad Healthcare announced today its sponsorship of Georgia State University's spring and fall 2017 pinning ceremonies for graduating nursing students. Both Randstad and Georgia State University are committed to actively investing in students and empowering graduates as they enter the job market and throughout their career.
"I take pride knowing that Randstad and Georgia State University's missions are deeply aligned, both aim to shape the world of work and equip future leaders with the proper tools to succeed," says Abigail Tremble, president of Randstad Healthcare. "The pinning ceremonies represent a rite of passage. Randstad will be there to welcome new nurses into the profession and as a trusted career advisor, helping graduates navigate these exciting yet overwhelming times."
"Georgia State University School of Nursing welcomes the partnership with Randstad Healthcare. Georgia State's nursing programs, at both the associate and bachelor's degree levels, prepare students for nursing careers in a variety of settings with diverse patient populations. In the ceremony, nursing faculty pin each of the new graduates and welcome them into the profession of nursing. With the support of Randstad Healthcare, our students can expand and develop their professional role as a nurse," says Nancy Kropf, PhD, dean of the Georgia State Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions.
Despite a fast-growing industry, it is important for young healthcare professionals to put their best foot forward when on the hunt for a new job. Here are 5 tips recent nursing graduates should consider:
- Get savvy with your search: Don't cut ties with your university just yet! Many schools have career development services that host job fairs and create rich blog content filled with job opportunities. Use other avenues as well such as social media and digital networking to connect with healthcare leaders.
- Market yourself through a tailored resume: A candidate's resume is an essential marketing tool. When crafting a resume, it's best to highlight the talents and skills similar to the keywords used in the job description. Reflect on how past experiences, such as clinical rotations or internships, align with an employers' need and prioritize from top-to-bottom.
- Don't underestimate the first impression: Your first conversation with a potential employer will likely be a phone interview. This may be your only opportunity to "wow" a potential employer. It is important to make sure your phone is fully charged, set a private and quiet location and have a copy of an updated resume in front of you. Be aware if you're talking too fast and make sure it is a two-way conversation by preparing questions in advance.
- Jump off the page with soft skills: Healthcare recruiters look for inherent skills that go beyond a degree. Emphasize your compassion, collaborative teamwork and effective communication skills in your personality. Research the company's culture and present yourself as a good fit for what their staff is looking for.
- Stay open-minded: Remember that a new job doesn't always elicit the original plan in mind. The job hunters that are flexible with location, shifts and temporary work are bound to reap greater rewards. Take the learning experience of working the night shift, work in the location that has greater demand and unveil the potential benefits of being a contingent worker.
About Randstad Healthcare
Randstad Healthcare has been placing healthcare professionals in temporary, contract, and permanent placement positions at America's top healthcare facilities for over 25 years. Our industry leading staffing services help clients - from large teaching hospitals to rural medical centers, physician groups, government facilities, insurance companies, clinics, and Fortune 500 companies - deliver optimal patient care by providing highly qualified candidates to fill shortages. Learn more at http://healthcare.randstadusa.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/randstad-healthcare-sponsors-georgia-state-universitys-pinning-ceremonies-reflects-dedication-to-empowering-new-nurses-300452620.html
SOURCE Randstad Healthcare