LOS ANGELES, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Twenty-five years after the release of his hugely successful debut album No One Can Do It Better and the subsequent car crash that tragically took his voice, rap legend The D.O.C. announces his plans to reinvent himself in an exclusive new interview in Playboy magazine's April Sex & Music 2013 issue (on newsstands and i.Playboy.com Friday, March 15, 2013).
Known as one of the most prolific ghostwriters in rap history, The D.O.C. has penned rhymes for legends including Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eazy-E and Tupac. In Ghost in the Machine by Alex Pappademas, The D.O.C reveals that for the first time in his career, he will now write songs with new artists as part of a reality show titled HipHopDraft Presents I Got My Voice Back premiering this spring.
Playboy's exclusive interview and profile piece also discusses the following information:
- The inside scoop on the violent Hollywood car crash that crushed The D.O.C.'s vocals, and how he went on to write hit songs with some of the greatest rappers of all time
- How The D.O.C. and Dr. Dre made hit records with Eazy-E and NWA
- How The D.O.C. worked with Dr. Dre to make The Chronic
- Why The D.O.C. is considered one of the single most influential people in gangster rap
- Details around how The D.O.C. and his business partner John Huffman IV plan to build the HipHopDraft into a TV show that creates great rap songs with the best new artists in Dallas, Texas and then in other cities around the world.
For more details and behind-the-scenes video from The D.O.C.'s interview, CLICK HERE.
Additionally, The D.O.C. will release a playlist of his 30 favorite hip hop tracks of all time on Playboy's Spotify Channel, and will curate Playboy's Tumblr (playboy.tumblr.com) page for two weeks, all beginning on Tuesday, March 19.
The goal of the HipHopDraft is to go to major cities in America, and around the world, and tell the most compelling stories in hip hop history while creating great songs that launch the careers of new artists. We then get those artists drafted by major record, publishing and management companies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org | sign-up at www.HipHopDraft.com to watch the web series | follow @HipHopDraft on twitter | spread the word that you want the HipHopDraft to come to your city and make some music with your hottest new emcees.
About Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Playboy is one of the most recognized and popular consumer brands in the world. Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties and licensing initiatives. The company publishes Playboy magazine in the United States and abroad and creates content for distribution via television networks, websites, mobile platforms and radio. Through licensing agreements, the Playboy brand appears on a wide range of consumer products in more than 150 countries as well as retail stores and entertainment venues.
SOURCE Playboy Enterprises, Inc.