NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuous support in the form of investments and grants, and personalized medicine fueling the demand for personalized humanized rat models are some of the factors driving the growth of the rat model market. In addition to this, increase in R&D activities in pharmaceutical industries is further stimulating the market growth. However, increased benefits of cryopreservation and regulations & laws formulated for ethical use of animals in research are restraining the growth of the market to a certain extent.
The global rat model market is segmented on the basis of model type, service, technology, therapeutic area, end user, care product, and region. In 2016, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global rat model market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). Asia-Pacific is projected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Factors such as less stringent regulations on the use of animal models for research in the region, international alliances for R&D activities in China, growth in regenerative medicine, biomedical, and medical research in Japan, growing presence of global players, development of bioclusters to boost biotechnology industry in India, ongoing biomedical research activities in Australia, and rising pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D activities are likely to propel the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The market witnesses high competitive intensity, as there are several big and many small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopt various strategies (expansions; new product launches; collaborations/agreement/partnerships/alliance, funding; licensing, contract, acquisitions, and expansions) to increase their market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global market.
In-depth interviews were conducted with CEOs, Sales and Marketing Directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the rat model market place.
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 50%, Tier 2: 42%, Tier 3: 8%
- By Designation: Director Level: 58%, C-level: 25%, Others: 17%
- By Region: North America: 46%, Europe: 31%, APAC: 15%, RoW: 8%
The prominent players in the global rat model market include Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (U.S.), Envigo (U.K.), and Taconic Biosciences, Inc. (U.S.). Other players include Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (U.S.), Janvier Labs (France), Transviragen, Inc. (U.S.), genOway SA (France), Biomere (U.S.), Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (U.S.), and Horizon Discovery Group plc (U.K.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the products and services offered by top players in the rat model market. The report analyzes the rat model market by model type, service, technology, therapeutic area, end user, care product, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the rat model market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for rat model across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the rat model market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and distribution networks of the leading players in the rat model market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04622891-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rat-model-market-by-model-type-technology-therapeutic-area-service-care-products--end-user--global-forecast-to-2021-300393095.html